Mazda 5 Break-In Period Question

Quickbeam

Hello,

My wife and I do not yet own a Mazda 5, but are seriously considering purchasing one this spring. Only problem is, we will most likely be going on a road trip (a lot of freeway driving) in the summer. Is it O.K. to take the Mazda 5 on our trip or would this interfere with the break in of the vehicle? Can anyone tell me what the requirements are for the break in of the vehicle? Thanks.

there is nothing you can really do, if someone wants to break in your car, they will do it reagardless whether you have an alarm or not. I suggest get your car tinted, so people can't really see what's inside of your car and won't break into it.

there is nothing you can really do, if someone wants to break in your car, they will do it reagardless whether you have an alarm or not. I suggest get your car tinted, so people can't really see what's inside of your car and won't break into it.
NO he is talking about break in period for the car not breaking into the car my dealership said 1000 miles but no hard driving and you should be good (2thumbs)

Ha ha... lol.

I don't think that is the "break in" the poster was talking about.
(please tell me you were kidding in your post).

As for the original question, I think for most modern engines the break in period is sort of a myth. Unless you are planning on red-lining the engine on acceleration, you don't have anything to worry about with freeway driving.

For peace of mind, you could use the cruise control and change your speed at certain intervals but I don't think it is really required.

Sorry, I guess I was not clear. I am not talking about someone breaking into the vehicle, but rather the break in period for the engine and other components.

Does the vehicle manual list any kind of break in period and if so what are the requirements? Thanks.

Like someone said earlier, engine break-in by owner is usually not required for most passenger vehicles manufactured these days. Some high performance cars even have their engine broken in at the factory.

Here is what the owner's manual says for the 2008 N.A. Mazda 5.

Attachments

• M5 Break-in Period.JPG
    M5 Break-in Period.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 282
I LOL'ed at the title too, so corrected title a little and moved to another area. Hope this makes sense :D

...Here is what the owner's manual says for the 2008 N.A. Mazda 5.
Yep, that's what's in the manual for the '09 also.

Basically just try to drive it normally around town / highways for at least 600 miles, then take your road trip.

Latest posts

Back