Something not right with my 2.3L

SRH_3GT

:
2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
Well, my '08 3s GT Hatch just hit 10k miles. My car does not show any check engine lights, but, something is not right with my car. It feels like a plug or something is bad. They car does not have the power it had in the past. It has been running "odd" for the past two weeks. I will be taking my car to the nearest Mazda dealership, and I'm scared as HECK for taking it there, to have them run all test to see if something is not adding up. I wish my dad's Ford, Lincoln Mercury dealership could take Mazda away from this place. Heck the place does not even mention Mazda in any advertisement. Just the american vehicles, Toyota, MB & BMW. Heck, if you drive to the dealership, you have to really LOOK for the Mazda's and you will be lucky if they have 10 of them in stock.

Does anyone else have a 100% stock Mazda 3 w/ the 2.3L and auto trans? From start, I can punch it and it does not pull like it use to. Yes. the oil has been changed and I only put supreme fuel into my vehicle.

ford and mazda use the same diagnostic program. IDS. therefore if you bring it to the ford dealership they should be able to scan it with no issues. i know there is a few PCM and TCM reflashes for the 08 model year

i wouldn't put supreme fuel into your car, its not a turbo nor does the factory recomend you using it. you could be causing issues by using higher octane fuel... (not that i think you would be, i do think you are wasting .30-.40$ per gallon for no reason though)

no GDS and IDS are not the same. hyundai has its own system. and ya putting higher grade fuel is not helping you car. octane doesn't help clean contrary to what people think, it is simply the resistance to detonation.

ford and mazda use the same diagnostic program. IDS. therefore if you bring it to the ford dealership they should be able to scan it with no issues. i know there is a few PCM and TCM reflashes for the 08 model year

I'm sure I could not take my car to my fathers dealership since mine is still under warrenty.

actaully getting your car scaned for codes will not void warrenty. in regards to the computer updates ford will not be able to do them as they need to get in contact with mazda for a pass code for them to be able to obtain the flash updates

actaully getting your car scaned for codes will not void warrenty. in regards to the computer updates ford will not be able to do them as they need to get in contact with mazda for a pass code for them to be able to obtain the flash updates

Yeah. I've already spoke to the F/L/M service adviser. I already have plans lined up if I do not hear good news from the Mazda dealership. Of course, I always have proof on things. (strike)(rlaugh)(gossip)(wrc)

Well, figures they did not find any problems today. The temp., down here in the Rio Grande Valley, hit 90 deg. this afternoon, with wind of course. It was giving me some of the usual issues this morning when it was around 55 deg by 8am. Now, I will just have to wait and see what my 3 wishes to do down the road.

If it is an obvious issue that they refuse to address, insist you take a tech out for a test drive.
If it is something that seems off because you don't remember it being like that when you first got it new, then you may not have much luck because those things can be seen as subjective...

When I picked it up this afternoon, I did take the service tech for a ride. Guess what? The car ran fine since a tech was in the car. I know there is still something not right with my car. I will just have to keep my thoughts on it and when it acts really bad, I will have to take it straight to the dealership for them to drive/ride in my car.

92+ octane is a waste of money. The higher octane is worthless and the advertised additives/detergents can be had with a quality 87 octane. Check out Top Tier gasoline initiative. http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html

Other ideas...
Check the air filter for excessive dirt or obstructions (I found a big old leaf in my filter box once). Clean as necessary.
Run some fuel injector cleaner. Not octane booster, cleaner. I like Seafoam. I get it at O'Reillys, but its available other places.
Reset your computer. Or have a dealer/tech verify you have the latest and greatest flash.

92+ octane is a waste of money. The higher octane is worthless and the advertised additives/detergents can be had with a quality 87 octane. Check out Top Tier gasoline initiative. http://www.toptiergas.com/index.html

Other ideas...
Check the air filter for excessive dirt or obstructions (I found a big old leaf in my filter box once). Clean as necessary.
Run some fuel injector cleaner. Not octane booster, cleaner. I like Seafoam. I get it at O'Reillys, but its available other places.
Reset your computer. Or have a dealer/tech verify you have the latest and greatest flash.

Here is what I add to my car on oil changes, BP Products BG MOA. That stuff works wonders.

http://www.bgprod.com/products/engineoil.html

I change my oil ever 5k miles.

Back