Help Check engine light diagnosis

flyindutchman

:
2005 Mazda 3 Sport GT
My 2005 Mazda 3 GT Sport check engine light came on along with the AT (automatic transaxle) light. the AT light went off shortly after but the check engine light stayed on showing a speed sensor error code. What could be the problem and what warrenty would it be covered under? powertrain?

wow not good take it in right away you are causing damage to your tranny from what it sounds like. yes thats covered under the powertrain warranty. good luck

does it really matter? if you aren't modified i would just take it in and give the dealership your headache

My 2005 Mazda 3 GT Sport check engine light came on along with the AT (automatic transaxle) light. the AT light went off shortly after but the check engine light stayed on showing a speed sensor error code. What could be the problem and what warrenty would it be covered under? powertrain?

My AT light and another light came on and stayed with my brand new 2009 Mazda3. When I looked in the owner's manual they both indicated there could be electrical damage and that the vehicle should be brought into the service department. Driving it around with those lights on could cause more damage.

I am still waiting for my new transmission to be delivered to the dealership/service department and installed. Then, they plan on testing it and driving it around to make sure it works.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123732645

I hope whatever problems you are having are covered under your warranty.

Please don't wait any longer to have it looked at, diagnosed or tested.

hey guys i had the same problem. AT sign would light up and the transmission would act up. i went to the dealer and they replaced the automatic transaxle sensor or some crap like that, and the problem went away after that. the thing is that it lights up on and off and usually when u get to the dealer its of lol so they cant trace the code, but luckily it acted up there when i brought it in.
so good luck

I have the same problem. But it seems that the transmission is ok, and the problem is the transmission control module. In the mazda 3 it doesnt appear in the workshop manual. I think the PCM controls the transmission with another switch located near the transmission body. They call transaxle range switch. Is this responsable for the continuos shifting and protection phase my transmission takes?

Latest posts

Back