CX-9 Front Bumper Rattles

describe the rattle, and when it occurs. We just had a strut problem repaired becasue of noise in the front that sounded like the plastic crunching.

describe the rattle, and when it occurs. We just had a strut problem repaired becasue of noise in the front that sounded like the plastic crunching.

Did your struts get replaced, and under what conditions did the noise occur? I'll be dealing with strut issues also when I take it in soon. Definitely not happy about that.

Not the struts, but the upper strut bearing on the drivers side. It was making a plasticy groaning sound when slowly compressed, like driveways and speed bumps. Unfortunately, the problem still exists, so it wasn't just that bearing. I already have another letter off to Mazda about it.I also feel a minor clunk in the steering wheel when it happens, but that started later. Clearly something has failed in the front end.

The car drives smooth and straight as can be otherwise though.

Last edited:
I guess gstate solved his problem.

Update on my problem for anyone else who may have it:

The plastic crunching and groaning sound in the front end was nothing more than the bump stops under the dust boots not being properly lubed. Finally got a tech who was smart enough to find it, and put a little grease on the stops. No more noise.

I have an 07 GT AWD and have the same noise when I pullk into my driveway or go over a speedbump.. the dealer has "fixed" it before but it came back.. Are we thinking strut, bumper, or other??

Craig

Back