Worth doing the 24,000km service?

Katner

:
2008 Mazda5 Grand Touring
I bought my '08 Mazda5 at a local Mazda dealer with 21,000kms. I've got 27,000kms now and am 3k late for the 24k service.

The 'every 8000km' service is basically an oil-change/fluid top-up/tire rotation for $39.99. The 24K inspection is that, plus an inspection but it costs $253.

Would I be foolish just to get another 8,000km service and wait until my next major service increment to fork out the dough? I mean I'm going to pay ($253-$39.99)= $213 for an inspection when I just had one done 6000km's ago?

I called a different dealer to ask him about the situation and he said "well you probably don't need the service but Mazda may not cover certain warranty issues if you don't get it done."

I was surprised at that. How could they do that? Even VW who has an expensive service regiment will honor warranty to the end as long as you get your oil changes every 8K or so with them. And I never took my Civic to the Honda dealer once and they replaced my exhaust manifold under warranty even though it had already expired!

Robbers.

yeah pretty much....my dealer tried to tell me that they would void my warranty unless i had every service, oil change, and tires bought through them....which is completely false

Back