Rear air stays on

mford1970

I hope I put this in the right section. I have an 07 CX9 that I think has some elctrical gremlin. Since we have owned it, the trip odometer regularly resets itself. I hit the button to dim the dash lights when the headlights come on, this feature will stay active until the trips reset. (I thought it was suppose to stay that way until you hit the button again).

I took it into the dealer several month ago because the check engine light came on, the engine would idle rough and finally die. After two days they found a vaccuum line broken on the rear of the engine but could get the trip meter to reset on its own.

Now the rear air goes on high when you turn off the car. It has done this four times in last 2 months. My wife said the first time it happened, she turned the car back on and then off and it stopped. Second time, she used the same procedure and it worked. Third time she did the usual and it kept going. She started the car and turned off the rear control on the dash. She then turned off the car and it was still blowing. She started it back up and turned off all the air controls. She turned the car off again. She said it ran for about 7 minutes before it stopped.

Today I took it to get gas. When I turned the car off the rear came on full power. I started the car, and turned all the air off and turned off the car. It ran for a little over 6 minutes so I started the car and turned it back off. This time the air shut off.

Anyone else ever have this problem? She is afraid that it will turn on and burn the car up some how when it is in the garage. I'm going to take it in sometime this week.

Thanks in advance

I don't have this problem but you're not the first person to post it. I can't remember the solution but if you search you may be able to find it. I'm pretty sure the dealer took care of it for those having the issue.

I hope I put this in the right section. I have an 07 CX9 that I think has some elctrical gremlin. Since we have owned it, the trip odometer regularly resets itself. I hit the button to dim the dash lights when the headlights come on, this feature will stay active until the trips reset. (I thought it was suppose to stay that way until you hit the button again).

I took it into the dealer several month ago because the check engine light came on, the engine would idle rough and finally die. After two days they found a vaccuum line broken on the rear of the engine but could get the trip meter to reset on its own.

Now the rear air goes on high when you turn off the car. It has done this four times in last 2 months. My wife said the first time it happened, she turned the car back on and then off and it stopped. Second time, she used the same procedure and it worked. Third time she did the usual and it kept going. She started the car and turned off the rear control on the dash. She then turned off the car and it was still blowing. She started it back up and turned off all the air controls. She turned the car off again. She said it ran for about 7 minutes before it stopped.

Today I took it to get gas. When I turned the car off the rear came on full power. I started the car, and turned all the air off and turned off the car. It ran for a little over 6 minutes so I started the car and turned it back off. This time the air shut off.

Anyone else ever have this problem? She is afraid that it will turn on and burn the car up some how when it is in the garage. I'm going to take it in sometime this week.

Thanks in advance

I just got my wife's CX-9 back from the dealer last week for the rear air blowing issue you described. I think there must be some sort of TSB for this because the dealer in Tulsa knew of the problem before I could fully describe it. However, they did not have the replacement part (a relay) in stock so the car sat overnight and wasn't completed until the next day. Fortunately, they gave us a loaner to keep for the day.

The other issue I took it in for was the click or clink noise that the car makes in the morning when you take it out of park and put it into reverse. I did a search and found one thread that talked about lubricating the spline of the axle but was fairly inconclusive in its results. Our dealer blew it off as "they all do it" which doesn't sound right at all. Anyone have an update to this issue?

The other issue I took it in for was the click or clink noise that the car makes in the morning when you take it out of park and put it into reverse. I did a search and found one thread that talked about lubricating the spline of the axle but was fairly inconclusive in its results. Our dealer blew it off as "they all do it" which doesn't sound right at all. Anyone have an update to this issue?

Mine does that too. I start it, put it in R, and I get several clicks from the front end. Weird!

I have this too.t had a strut bearing replaced for noise, and was hoping that would also fix the problem, but it actually seems to be worse now.

My other suspicion is the ATF being slightly low and the solenoid not engaging properly. It reads halfway between 'FULL' and 'LOW'. anyone else with this clicking have the same ATF level?

Back