Toyo S/T II's at 255-50-20

dparz

:
2008GT AWD Brilliant Black
Ordered Toyo 255-50-20 (+1) from Treadpot yesterday for $660 delivered (they had a $50 off coupon) - UPS says they show tomorrow - will have them mounted - take some pics and post....

Leaving for Stowe VT - next week - will report on handling in the snow...

Got 29K out of the original 245-50-20 Duelers - on an AWD - spent a week in the snow when they were brand new - starting was good (AWD) but braking always had to be on the lookout...of course noisy over rough surfaces but otherwise roadnoise OK

I ordered these from Town Fair Tire for $179 ea in the 245/50R20 102V size. Installed with balance and stem, tax, etc. it will be $828 and change with a "free" FE alignment and tire rotation for life.

I'll be interested in hearing how you make out in VT. I hear we are due to get snow on Sunday here in Plymouth as well (upwards of a foot!), so I hope they come in today or tomorrow!

So far, so good.

I gave the ST II's another run in the snow after dropping the kids at the bus stop and they corner and stop very well. Our subdivision ends at a "T" stop and in the middle of a pretty good hill rising to the left. starting up that hill from a stop was impossible in the Duelers last week (we actually had to reverse and turn around and go the opposite direction!), but I didn't have trouble with the Toyo's, even though the road conditions were not as severe.

These tires feel stiffer than the Duelers, and have a very slight vibration, but everything else has been superior to the OEM tires.

After over a year with these tires, I would have to say that they are very good on dry roads and decent in bad weather. That being said, this week I had to replace the two backs as they were almost bald. (I should disclose that I think I have a bearing issue on the right side, but this is still 25-30K miles only.) The fronts look good, but I threw a couple Wrangler HPs on the back for the time being. When this set wears out I am going for the Yokohama Spec X's. The overwhelming positive reviews cannot be ignored any longer.

Back