Aftermarket shock option for us yet from Koni, Bilstein etc?

egreen99

Want to replace the shocks/struts with koni or bilstein tokico brand to improve handling/ride. Any options yet? will parts from a speed3 fit our 5?

Want to replace the shocks/struts with koni or bilstein tokico brand to improve handling/ride. Any options yet? will parts from a speed3 fit our 5?

I have seen a special shock made just for the 5, have seen it available in Europe, but not the US yet. It is the Koni FSD, part number 2100 4045.

http://www.koni-na.com/cat_search.cfm?mt_id=1&my_year=2006&mak_id=25&mod_id=391&submit.x=37&submit.y=10

I thought about replacing them, but I did not want to use a part that was designed for the Mazda3 also. I wanted something specific to the Mazda5 because of the extra weight and load carrying. So far all I have seen were shocks/struts that applied to both the Mazda3, and the Mazda5.

Last edited:
Koni FSDs got some great reviews over at the corvetteforum, I was looking into them before I sold the vette. Im sure they would be great for the Mazda5 or any car for that matter. Wish they come out with a set for us

Koni FSDs with Cobb sway bars and H&R springs, would be one great handling vehicle.

The Mazdaspeed3 ans 5 parts doesn't fit. We can use the same part number as the Mazda3 for the coil spring and many other stuff. I don't think that the suspension are the same. They look similar but they're not exactly the same, (what i heard). Please confirm...

Back