Engine Rev Question.

:
2010 CX-9 GT AWD
I just realized my 07' CX-9 engine REV (tachometer) can't exceed 3500rpm when I push accelerator all way down and the shift is in P or N. I also tested during driving by shift to N and tachometer can't pass 3500rpm. At 2500~3500rpm, engine noise is very loud.
My CX-9 doesn't have any engine service so far except it has been fixed throttle issue by flash firmware (I think).
My question is it's normal or there is something wrong with engine or its computer?

Thank you in advanced,
Anh

??? not sure if this helps you any at all, but I can rev to redline on my CX-7. Don't know too much about the 9.....

That is normal-it does that so you can't over rev the engine in neutral or park.The rough running/noise is the rev limiter randomly cutting out cylinders to limit the rpm.

Thank you,
I also just tried using M shift and at 1 or 2, I can see rev passes 3500.
Do you think CX-9 has a little loud engine noise at >3000rpm?

Thank you,
I also just tried using M shift and at 1 or 2, I can see rev passes 3500.
Do you think CX-9 has a little loud engine noise at >3000rpm?

I think the engine noise at high revs on the CX-9 is a tad noisy... but I think that depends on what you're comparing it to. Compared to my flat 6 cylinder Subaru Legacy... it's very noisy. But in reality it's not bad for a V6. I'm running 5W-40 synthetic oil in the engine which has really quietened it down. It revs more freely out to redline and more smoothly. Also using 98RON fuel which keeps it running more quietly, more fuel efficiently and with a little more punch! (headbang)

Cheers,
TTubrag.

Back