iPhone not working w/ Aux Jack (for music)

mcardld

Just got a new 08 GT w/ Nav, w/ Bose and w/o Sat. I'm trying to use the aux jack to play music with my iPhone. When the cable is plugged in, the system recognizes it because the display changes to the generic "AUX" screen when the "MEDIA" button is pushed (when not plugged in, the "MEDIA" button does nothing). However, I don't get any sound. iPhone works fine through its own speakers when it's not plugged in. I am using a Belkin aux plug cable that is designed for use with the iPhone. Any ideas? Thx.

Just got a new 08 GT w/ Nav, w/ Bose and w/o Sat. I'm trying to use the aux jack to play music with my iPhone. When the cable is plugged in, the system recognizes it because the display changes to the generic "AUX" screen when the "MEDIA" button is pushed (when not plugged in, the "MEDIA" button does nothing). However, I don't get any sound. iPhone works fine through its own speakers when it's not plugged in. I am using a Belkin aux plug cable that is designed for use with the iPhone. Any ideas? Thx.

Something sounds wrong. AUX come on as you cycle through that option. Pressing the button and seeing AUX on the screen does not mean that the system identifies a sound source. It should say AUX whether an external source is plugged in or not. Are you sure the sound is turned up on the cars audio system? Are you sure it's turned up on the iPhone? Both volume settings matter. You should be using the headphone adapter output on the IPhone. Not sure if the apple dock connector to standard audio works.

What SeCX-9 said, especially about turning the volume up on the iPhone. I plug my iPod in through the Aux in the console, which doesn't charge the iPod, but I get great sound out of the Aux setting in the stereo.

No problems here with our iphone and the AUX input. As others said, make sure the volume is cranked up on both, I have the iphone volume almost maxed out and the stereo's volume higher than normal, sounds great once you get it working.

I figured it out. The cable I was using had an arrow --> indicating the appropriate orientation for hook-up. I was dumb and had it connected backwards. However, I can confirm that the MEDIA button and/or MODE button will not toggle to the AUX screen if nothing is plugged into the AUX jack. Thanks to those who replied (except for the "Manga" guy... don't know what the heck that was).

I am not sure what kind of cable you have which has direction indicator.
I just use a straight cable with 3.5mm both ends. Then one plug to iphone headphone port and one to AUX port. It works like a charm.

Thanks. I'm using an iPhone, so I'm assuming that this cable will still work, but I will get the "This hardware not compatible with iPhone" message when it's plugged in. I noticed that iPhone was not listed among the list of compatible products. Still looks like a good option though. Thanks for the tip.

Back