Can I get rid of the GPS safety warning?

up4speed

I don't want to press the "I Agree" button every time the car is started, before I can use the GPS. I don't mind the graying out while the vehicle is in motion, as this is a safety issue, but I am tired of agreeing to the same disclaimer several times a day!! The screen is going to wear out on the lower right corner! LOL
Does anyone know how to automatically bypass this annoying feature?

My Cadillac Escalade did it.
My Cadillac STS does it.
My C6 Corvette does it.
My Mazda CX-9 does it.
My Garmin Nuvi does it.

'Nuf said.

I don't want to press the "I Agree" button every time the car is started, before I can use the GPS. I don't mind the graying out while the vehicle is in motion, as this is a safety issue, but I am tired of agreeing to the same disclaimer several times a day!! The screen is going to wear out on the lower right corner! LOL
Does anyone know how to automatically bypass this annoying feature?

Did you ever find out how to do this?

coastaletech.com has a kit to bypass the "I Agree" button (yeah, I tell you, that guy is good at electronics). However, he does not sell Mazda kit. He mainly sells Toyota/Lexus, GM, Chrysler, and Ford kits because those are the vehicles he owns(ed). Its a family business so don't expect great customer service, and your e-mail may never to be answered.
Visit his site, and check it out. (Note: he started out with Prius. Imagine that!)

For those technical savvy guys.
Here is how he bypasses the "I Agree" button. Amazing.
When the GPS starts up, the screen has to be touched at the lower right corner. So he "fakes" the signal (coordinates touched) and makes the NAVI think a "human" touch it. Therefore, you see the Safety warning screen for a couple seconds, and it goes away by itself. The Speed Lockout is easy for him as well since all you need to do is fake speed sensor input (pulse frequency can be generated with IC 555 timer). Anyway, check it out. I am not endorsing people using NAVI while driving. It is a bad idea for driver, but passenger riding shotgun should be allowed to.

Last edited:
I tried coastaltech and they said the don't have anything that will work with a Mazda. If someone sold something similar to what he can do with Toyota's - I'd buy it in a second.

patyoung,
While I have not tried it myself (no urgency to me), our NAVI system is also made by DENSO, same maker of Toyota/Lexus' NAVI system. There is a chance that the LockPick kit for Prius actually may work with CX9's. It is just that there are no instructions for CX9, and one has to venture into this project with lots of unknowns.

About the NAVI lockout.
I found a company in south Cal. called prestigioussociety.com.
They currently sell kits for Toyota/Lexus.
So I sent them an e-mail about Mazda. Here is the reply. Great news.

Any volunteer in So. Cal?
-------------------------------------------------------
Hi Eric

Thank you very much for your email. Actually we already developed a prototype plug and play module for the vehicles you mentioned and are looking for a test target right now in southern california. Thank you for your reference on the website we will definitely check it out.

If you wish to be our test target please let us know.

Sincerely yours,

Mark H.
Sales Executive
Tel: (562) 644-3268
Fax: (270) 513-4587

Last edited:
About the NAVI lockout.
I found a company in south Cal. called prestigioussociety.com.
They currently sell kits for Toyota/Lexus.
So I sent them an e-mail about Mazda. Here is the reply. Great news.

Any volunteer in So. Cal?
-------------------------------------------------------
Hi Eric

Thank you very much for your email. Actually we already developed a prototype plug and play module for the vehicles you mentioned and are looking for a test target right now in southern california. Thank you for your reference on the website we will definitely check it out.

If you wish to be our test target please let us know.

Sincerely yours,

Mark H.
Sales Executive
Tel: (562) 644-3268
Fax: (270) 513-4587

prestigioussociety is a Club Lexus vendor/sponsor. Their product has been well known in the Club Lexus society. For Lexus models, basically their kit (imported from Japan) will unlock the screen for navi input and watching DVD while driving. Let's see what they can do for Mazda...

I have agreed to be one of their test targets for Mazda CX9.
I'll keep you guys posted when there is any new development on this.
They will welcome test targets in the SO CAL area (closer to them).

They are still looking for test vehicle in S. Cal area.
I eventually turned it down (sorry) since they wanted me to rip the console off for a few photos (not installation yet) of the connectors while my sister visited me for two weeks.
Couldn't do that.

Any volunteer in S. Cal? Please contact them.

Latest posts

Back