which CAI should I choose?

dc juturna

:
2004 Sunlight Silver Mazda 3 HB
K so im planning on buying a k&n CAI next week for my 3hb, but I also saw one from F2 thats a 100 dollars cheaper, now the f2 is wider at 3.0" but am I gonna get more power out of it?

As long as you stick with a common brand you will be fine. I haven't looked at the mazda 3 intakes but I know that K&N makes good quality / pricey stuff. Just some knockoff brand / ebay custom made intake, you will be fine.

Read this thread first. Interesting and informative stuff! Check out #3. Awesome work by thebeansoldier!(first)

K so im planning on buying a k&n CAI next week for my 3hb, but I also saw one from F2 thats a 100 dollars cheaper, now the f2 is wider at 3.0" but am I gonna get more power out of it?

Check out the link below on the F2 CAI vs the AEM CAI. So far the F2 CAI has produced the most whp for the n/a 3 but due to the large 3" diameter the full potential of this CAI hasn't been explored yet.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123634585

Read this thread first. Interesting and informative stuff! Check out #3. Awesome work by thebeansoldier!(first)

+1

Brilliant! I post a reply and make a comment but forget to post the link!(bang)

Thanks Akaveli for bailing me out!

After taking a look at them all I think im gonna go with the injen, because I dont want my cel to come on and someone told me the f2 runs your car kinda lean which I dont want, but yeah thanks for all your help.
Ill have to check out those ut forums and meets too. my friend has a ms3 and another one has a msp.

Get the Mazdaspeed version. I used to have an AEM and I would get a check engine light every time I drove in the rain. I switched to the Mazdaspeed version which has a watershield over the filter and have not had a check engine light again.

i have heard bad things about the aem for this car from multiple sources.
im still shopping for an intake myself, but its not going to be aem.

does anyone have the dragon intake installed on their 3? i haven't seen one in 3 years since i've owned the car!

I use to have an AEM with the bypass valve, But the I switched to the INJEN CAI and I'm far happier with the INJEN

Hey L3vzoom so you got the injen? have you noticed a difference in the low/top end after going to the injen?
have you had any problems with the CEL.
But yeah the only reason why I dont want the MS3 CAI is its so restricted.
thanks for your help everyone.
just got HIDs and magna flow exhaust after I put the CAi in

Back