LSD options?

davens

I'm really wishing my 08 S Sport came with a LSD...so I'm shopping.

Will the Mazdaspeed LSD work? It would be nice to not have any warranty issues.

I was looking at the Quaife...their U.S. distributor doesn't list a model, but Corksport wants something like $1600. The WTF moment was when I found the right model on Quaife's UK site. After currency conversion it was just under $900.

Any other manufacturers that you're aware of?

I have the Quaife, purchased from Corksport. I think the price is so high at least partially because there is a monopoly on supply. Corksport is the ONLY authorized reseller of the part. I spoke with Mazdaspeed about it, and they said that the Quaife is meant for people who race their Proteges and Mazda3s. When I asked them about the one the Corksport sells, they said something like, "Yeah, that's our loophole to allow it to get out to 'normal' drivers. They're the only authorized resellers of the Quaife."

It was very expensive, but it's also excellent, as long as you don't mind a significant increase in torque steer. In Michigan winters, with good snow tires, it rocks, and it rocks not having one tire spinning all the time. When I bought mine, I had planned on getting a turbo kit, and taking my 3 to the track once in a while, but since then I've decided to leave it the way it is, and buy a "real" performance car for the track.

not to be a dick, but theres a ton of people that are authorized dealers. to be technical the only "true authorized" dealer is in plano. Where the actual U.S Quaife importer is, and i just bought a mazda 3 lsd through them for 1100.

Back