Trouble with aux input when playing mp3.

sentravq

This happens 50% of the time. My problem is when i plug in my mp3 player(iriver) in the factory aux input in the center console. I sometime dont get music playing or musice plays but it cuts out the come then cuts out. This is 50% of the time which the other 50% is normal (plays music fine). I have tried outher cables and play my mp3 at home and never had this problem. i was just wondering is this a common problem, any recalls on the aux input, thanks!

Sounds like a cable issue behind the AUX port. Have you tried to physically/forcefully torque the cable sideways while it's inside the port to see if the jarring motions will cause an interconnect issue?

I had a problem like this when I used a ground-loop isolator from Crutchfield in this port. the problem turned out to to be the one-month-old part. Crutchfield sent me a replacement part free of charge and all is fine now.

had the same problem... oddly enough it turned out to be the male end of the plug i was using, probably not the same issue, but might be worth a try before tearing everything apart...

Back