Rear Bumper Replacement

jdh008

I woke up this morning to find that someone or something had left a good size dent in my rear bumper. The dent covers much of the bumper from top to bottom, but is only a couple of inches from side to side. The dent doesn't continue onto the trunk area or to the underside of the car so it looks like only the bumper will need fixing. Any idea how much this fix will cost me at the dealer?

I woke up this morning to find that someone or something had left a good size dent in my rear bumper. The dent covers much of the bumper from top to bottom, but is only a couple of inches from side to side. The dent doesn't continue onto the trunk area or to the underside of the car so it looks like only the bumper will need fixing. Any idea how much this fix will cost me at the dealer?

My bumper was tagged within 24 hours of getting my 3. Search for my thread. I believe it cost around $600-800 for a new bumper, painted and installed.

"I'm in Louisiana on vacation and we took my sisters Mazda5 I left my 3 at my house and I had parked it with the front pointing towards the road... One of the guys that lives across the street was drunk and tried to drive backed his RX-8 into my front bumber and caught it and ripped it off. Don't ask me how this happened my boyfriend isn't even taking pictures so it must look bad. I just got my 3 back from the t-bone accident and now it's going back into the shop... the RX-8 guy is MIA but he left his car attached to mine and halfway in the road still on when the cops got there... I'm really angry at myself because I should have put the 3 in the garage with my S40 but left it out so it would look like someone was home. If I can get Will to take pictures I'll have them up, I know a neighbor took some while the RX-8 was trying to eat my 3."

I posted that in another thread but the front bumper is going to cost somewhere close to $900 at least thats what I'm told, I'm still on vacation so we'll see what happens when I get back.

I hit a raccoon on the way home one night on a rural road.

The dealer wanted $550 to fix the dent in my front bumper. My deductible was $500, so I decided to wait and see if it would pop itself back out (sometimes in the heat it can). A few weeks later it started getting cold, so I went out there with a hairdryer, aluminum foil and painters tape. Taped the foil over the dent with painters tape, and held the hairdryer on it for awhile. Reached back under the already pushed in fog light insert and popped it right out.

Took a lot of force on my part and I had to use the hairdryer on it directly to get it to pop out the edges, but now you can't even tell I hit anything. :)

Picture from right after I did it is attached.

Attachments

• raccoondamage.jpg
    raccoondamage.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 371
Back