Ally's super awesome cwp hatch thread. :)

AllyMazda3

:
2008.5 CWP mazda3 hatch
IMG_1809.jpg

Huge thanks to Road Magnet, TWM Performance & Rally Armor! I love you guys!

Budgy's photo album

and

CarDomain

Officially Sponsored by:
TWM Performance
Road Magnet
Rally Armor

Wheels & Tires
Summer - Speedy Lite Fin - 17 x 7.5" with 225/45/17 Bridgestone
Potenza RE050A tires
Winter - Gun Metal Black ADR Sokudo 10 - 17 x 7" with 215/50/17
Yokohama YK50 M&S tires

Performance Modifications
Engine
Simota SRI with Carbon Fiber Heat Shield
Corksport Rear Motor Mount Inserts

Suspension

Road Magnet 1.25" Progressive Lowering Springs
Mazdaspeed Performance Rear Camber Links
Mazdaspeed Performance Sport Dampers
GTSPEC Trunk Reinforcement Brace
Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar
Vibrant Front Strut Tower Bar

Brakes

Power Slot Slotted Rotors

Exhaust

Mazdaspeed3 Cat-back Exhaust

Interior

TWM Performance Short Shifter
TWM Performance Aluminum Shifter Base Bushings
TWM Performance Gun Metal Big Type R 600g Shift Knob with 5 speed Engraving
CG-Lock Driver & Front Passenger seats
Sok07 Dead Pedal

Visual Enhancements
Body
Mazdaspeed Rear Bumper Skirt
Mazda Front Air Dam in Crystal White Pearl
Parts Plaza Eyelids in Crystal White Pearl
Custom Rear Spoiler Lip
Rolled Rear Fenders

Exterior

De-Badged 2.3's & 3
Door Molding Delete
Mazda Japanese-Spec Window Visors
Madico Charcool 20% Window Tint
Orange & White Custom Painted Engine Valve, Battery & Fuse Box Covers
Orange Lightweight Aluminum Racing Lug Nuts
Hella Supertone Horns Custom Powder Coated Orange
Clear Side Reflectors
3M Smoked Film on Rear Reflectors
Orange Fog light Overlays
Speedline Anti-Glare, Wide-angle, Heated Side Mirror Glass

Interior
Redline Goods Black, White & Orange Shift Boot, Emergency Brake Boot &
Armrest Cover
Orange JTSpotlight
Custom Shift pattern indicator

Audio Modifications

Mazda OEM iPod Adapter

Lighting
Chrome Dipped Front/Rear Turn Signal Bulbs
White 1-Watt LED Map, Dome, Hatch & Rear License Plate Bulbs
Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog Light Bulbs

Defense!!!
3M Clear Bra Headlight & Fog Light Film
3M Clear Bra Film on Front Lip
Rally Armor UR Mud Flaps with Grey Logo
Mazda Bumper Step Plates

Last edited:
April 12, 2008 - at the dealership :)

pulled the badges and moldings off before i even signed the papers. lol.

IMG_7715.jpg

swapping out the bumper skirt

IMG_7862.jpg

IMG_7881.jpg

Window visors FOB from Japan :)

IMG_8450.jpg

chrome dipped turn signals

IMG_8540.jpg

IMG_8548.jpg

20% tint and yellow fogs

IMG_8736.jpg

shift boot, ebrake & arm rest cover

IMG_9021.jpg

pearl paint ftw!

IMG_9069.jpg

engine bay painted by me :)

IMG_9297.jpg

new wheels (speedy lite-fin), painted calipers and lugs

IMG_9307.jpg

IMG_9322.jpg

IMG_9384.jpg

clear/blacked out reflectors

IMG_9423.jpg

CAI Install. AKA the night i tore the **** out of my fender liner because it was dark and I didnt put all the screws back in. 85$ later (thank you mazda) and a whole lot of those damn clips later, i replaced it. haha

IMG_9606.jpg

IMG_9607.jpg

IMG_9613.jpg

Finally lowered. Thank you to my friend Dan who agreed to help me with the install in the middle of June in 95+ degree weather.

IMG_9918.jpg

Racing Beat rear-sway bar

IMG_9768.jpg

IMG_9772.jpg

Drove 300 miles with my buddy Matt to pick up a mazdaspeed cbe for 100 bucks. lol

IMG_9790.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

Hanging out at home with my subie :)

IMG_9800.jpg

On display at the Road Magnet Booth for the Funkmaster Flex show in Edison, NJ

IMG_9936.jpg

I <3 my CG-Lock!

IMG_0085.jpg

Powder Coated Orange Supertones :)

supertones.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

Dyno Day :)

IMG_0917.jpg

garage vary replica eyelids

IMG_1667.jpg

stupid busted endlink

IMG_1579.jpg

gt-spec trunk brace

IMG_1581.jpg

this needs to go on :)

IMG_2209.jpg

TWM + 550 gram custom powder coated orange shift knob + redlinegoods boot = yay

img_2333.jpg

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, Orange??? haha

img_2340.jpg

it has to be reworked. its a bit too long so the fitment is slightly off, and the paint match isn't quite right. but thats what happens when you're test fitting a new body part right? haha

anyway, here is the lip for my roof wing. i've taken new measurements and sent them to the manufacturer to make a part that properly fits.

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2352.jpg

you can really tell that its a bit too long in this pic

IMG_2344.jpg

(bow) Ally you rock. You just motivated me to create my own thread as well. What you put down on your dyno?

Last edited:
Aside from going to Jersey to steal your car...things you have done that I want to do are basically chrome dip my blinkers, rearrange or pull of the moldings, 2.3's, and 3 on the hatch, find some of those awesome FIN 7's you got there, black out or clear my reflectors, swap out the rear bumper skirt, and figure out what the hell a CG Lock is.

And somehow fit everything I want to do into the black/gray scheme of my car.

Although the yellow blinkers add something to the car...I can't figure out what but I can see it. But without the damned yellow tint, it just looks so clean.

Any suggestions?

(Honestly, does the MS3 exhaust do anything for the exhaust note or is it just there for funsies?)
((we also have a how-to around here for your winter project, the car is pre-wired for heated mirrors BTW))

Last edited:
Aside from going to Jersey to steal your car...things you have done that I want to do are basically chrome dip my blinkers, rearrange or pull of the moldings, 2.3's, and 3 on the hatch, find some of those awesome FIN 7's you got there, black out or clear my reflectors, swap out the rear bumper skirt, and figure out what the hell a CG Lock is.

And somehow fit everything I want to do into the black/gray scheme of my car.

Although the yellow blinkers add something to the car...I can't figure out what but I can see it. But without the damned yellow tint, it just looks so clean.

Any suggestions?

(Honestly, does the MS3 exhaust do anything for the exhaust note or is it just there for funsies?)
((we also have a how-to around here for your winter project, the car is pre-wired for heated mirrors BTW))

lol don't steal my car!

i got a little bit of gains from the ms3 exhaust (that and my aem intake boosted my whp by about 12 from stock) but it also looks and sounds nice.

and i knew about the prewiring. so yay :)

cg-locks are pretty awesome. they attach to your seatbelt so that you can make the lap portion of the belt as tight as you want, and then it locks it in that spot (think like an airplane seatbelt) but the chest strap stays like a regular seatbelt. it makes daily driving more comfortable because it keeps you in your seat, and its better for performance driving because its kind of like having a racing harness.

lol don't steal my car!

i got a little bit of gains from the ms3 exhaust (that and my aem intake boosted my whp by about 12 from stock) but it also looks and sounds nice.

and i knew about the prewiring. so yay :)

cg-locks are pretty awesome. they attach to your seatbelt so that you can make the lap portion of the belt as tight as you want, and then it locks it in that spot (think like an airplane seatbelt) but the chest strap stays like a regular seatbelt. it makes daily driving more comfortable because it keeps you in your seat, and its better for performance driving because its kind of like having a racing harness.
Sweet, I'm totally not gonna get a set but I will keep that in mind if I start autocrossing.
I was thinking of getting an ms3 exhaust a while ago but never saw any advantage in power or performance so I passed butaybe in the future.
Pm'ed...

I can't get enough of your wagon. Love it! Great mods as well. Keep it up! Any new mods commin'? Or future plans with it?

All I have to say is wow! I'm definetely subscribing to this thread....Keep up the awesome work, it looks real clean

I can't get enough of your wagon. Love it! Great mods as well. Keep it up! Any new mods commin'? Or future plans with it?

front lip, lip for my hatch wing, gt-spec link reinforcement panel & v brace, shocks.... um... i'm wiring up heated side mirrors this weekend.

i want to start autox in the spring.

Sweet dude. Love the horns.

thanks. :) i love having a friend who powder coats. i just hand him things and say "orange please" lol

really looks wonderful :)

did you do the "home depot" front lip?

had it. took it off cuz i was going to put my lip on, but then decided to hold off on the lip until the spring.

All I have to say is wow! I'm definetely subscribing to this thread....Keep up the awesome work, it looks real clean

thank you very much :)

She's gorgeous!!!
I'm doing some of those minor appearance related mods this week too. :D

Ooh..I wonder who that someone is... (shady)

Love the pics Ally.

I prefer the autoexe grill and body color. I do like that gf grill but I'm trying to keep things on my car body color. That's why my side rear reflectors are clear and I blacked out the rears. I didn't want the interruption in color. :)

JW, how many rattles do you have? And where are they specifically?

Back