Power Liftgate CX9 2008 problem

MNMAN

The power liftgate open/close manually very smooth, however automatically it doesn't fully close, it closes 99% then beeps and stops, little push does the job.
No obstruction, I checked carefully.
I noticed that it happens only if the car is parked for few hours, but a few minutes after turning the engine on the liftgate works just fine. I checked the battery and it looks fine!!
Any idea what is the problem and how to solve it?

besides looking at the rubber seal perimeter, it sounds like the strike plate is not aligning 100%. Like a car door, it should be adjustable, make sure if your going to take on that challenge that you have the right size socket/ driver, those are large fasteners. I will look at mine later today. hope that helps.

DSherwood, thanks for your reply.

I took the car to the dealer, after acting mad :) and serious complaint the technician tried it many times and it was working fine, so embarrassing. I left and few hours later the same problem. Again the next day I went to the dealer and again it was working fine.
I was so upset and insisted that the technician check it, I have a scheduled appointment tomorrow, however its working fine since last Thursday.
I shall let you know what the problem was!

premier to watchful

Having finally got to sleep at most 7.00am due to the noise of neighbours operative along the chalet landings & chalets around us having parties until then, we eventually aware at 2.00pm perception out of the chalet window it would appear EQ2 plat we are one of the premier to watchful as there is an spooky Sunday morn silence in the air.

Actually have the battery and the liftgate circuit tested. Probably not, but couldn't hurt since it works normally after starting and/or driving the car

Latest posts

Back