suck ass tranny

mshavoc

:
ms protege
mmmm so im on my way to go bowling...and my second goes out....so i try third....and thats out too....fourth...i have to force it in and fifth is fine...wtf is it with these sucks ass tranny's ford is making????

Welcome to the world of Mazda!!! As you know, nothing has be upgraded internally..stock motor, stock tranny."Mazda left this to us". The stock drivetrain was not meant to handle 6-7 psi of boost. A normal protege ES will run up to or over 100k strong..a msp will run to 40K strong without any major problems..after that you pray!!! People have blown blocks and or LSD at stock boost levels.or cracking turbo manifold, if not that then the POS intercooler. not the greatest platform, but with turbocharging any car you will have some troubles along the way.Mazda put very little to no thought when building the msp engine or tranny..I feel your pain as do many of us..I hope you fix it soon

Last edited:
he is talking about his 3 bro, he owns an msp and 3 and the msp is down with a blown block right now

Anyone know where I can get an aftermarket or stronger 5sp tranny for my 2004 Mazda 3 2.3? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

they are both G series transmissions. in fact, i am 99% sure an MSP limited slip would bolt right into a mazda3 transmission.

damn are you serious that is nuts, maybe ill sell my welded one to my buddy when he get his turbo kit in his 3 haha

Back