new snow tires-205/60 16

jibwagon

just starting this thread because i havent seen anyone use this size. well i went with the firestone winterforce tires and steelies from tire rack. i went for the 205/60 because the potholes here in Ohio can get brutal, plus the price was cheaper than the 205/55's. these things look like truck tires and i love em. every review said they rule the snow. i took a chance on the size and they fit fine. no rubbing not even close. less than $600 shipped with lugnuts too.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 264
  • oho.jpg
    oho.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 283
  • pkk.jpg
    pkk.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 264
I don't think you will have a problem with rubbing as I am running 225/55R16 on a 45 mm offset and I have no rubbing issues. You'll just be a little slower on the odometer thats all.

I use this size with blizzaks. No problems. I did it for the cost reason as well. Saved nearly $100. Extra ground clearance as well. The only thing is, the wheel well packs with snow alot sooner, because of the smaller gap.

Thanks for the infor jibwagon.

I just installed my winter blizzak's (WS-60) a couple of weeks ago. 205/55-16's on steel wheels. I needed to travel an indicated 102km/h on the factory 205/50-17 Toyo's to be going an actual 100lm/h, but now I have to travel at an indicated 104km/h to really be going 100km/h. I bet the 205/60-16's don't make the speedo out by much at all.

I thinks since you say this size fits OK with no rubbing, next time I get winter tires I'm going to get the 60 series instead of the 55's

Thanks

Back