swap european red taillights?

I would like to modify a pair of clear Mazda5 taillights with LEDs.

I have some spare red "european" taillights and wanted to know if anybody might be interested in swapping them with the clear ones that were standard on the pre facelift US models?
As far as I know they are not available in the US. If you have a red Mazda5, they might be an option.

click for larger pictures

Last edited:
I have a pair of stock 07 clear tail lights...unfortunately they are mismatch...one is the GT with black housing, the other is standard chrome...if you're opening them up anyways to add LEDs you could paint them to match...let me know if you're interested, I am in California US though..PM me your postal code, and I could let you know the price for shipping....

here's a pic

Attachments

• tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,849
Taillight Swap

If you are still looking to do a swap on the taillights let me know i have an 07 with the clear lights both of them. I live in MD. so not to sure how this will work but am interested.(2thumbs)

I still have them. If you are interested.
Shipping to Germany is ~65 USD.

I would send you mine first you can swap and send yours to me.

If you are still looking to do a swap on the taillights let me know i have an 07 with the clear lights both of them. I live in MD. so not to sure how this will work but am interested.(2thumbs)

By the way. Of course the European Taillights don't have side marks (or corner lights?) as shown below on the facelift LEDs.

pho_gallery_MZ5_ext6.jpg

Not sure if they are mandatory in Canada. In the US I think they are.

particle - I know this is an old thread but you need to post proper pics of the tails you're offering for trade (with signage)

see post #3 for an example (albeit small)

PM me or any of the section mods to unlock this if you want to revive the thread & add photos

edit: unlocked per request via PM!

Last edited:
Wow, and 1 3/4 years for the reply. I went through my old posts to update the pictures after I moved the hoster ...
... somehow the notification about replies doesn't work ... I need to get this fixed ...

But if you are still interested ... the tails are still available. I'll also shoot you an email ...

I know it's been almost a years since you posted this, but if you still have these European tails, I would be interested in doing a swap.

email me: bonthron AT mac DOT com

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, but I somehow don't get any notifications out of the forum ... (eyeballs)

I don't have clear tails. I would want to own some. I have the red ones you see on the pictures at the beginning of the thread ...

However, if you are interested I would swap with 09 GT tails ...

Not sure if you are interested, but I have an 09 GT and would like to swap for 07 clear tails, let me know.

Last edited:
Back