Engine Shutdown

islandreamer

:
Mazda 5 Sport
Has anyone experienced their 5 engine dying after a few minutes of start, moving for less than a mile, then shuting down when coming to a stop? This happened to my 5 (36,678 miles) twice within a month. Engine temp. gauge just got out of the C mark. It started right back and never died again as temp gauge settled at midpoint. FI engines shouldn't do this unless lines are heavily clogged.

TSB Multi-Engine Stall at Low Speed

Cavalier Mazda was responsive and took a copy of the TSB print out. Since this was still covered under drivetrain warranty ( 5yrs/50,000 miles) no charge. After driving off the dealership, the symptoms were still there. Made another appointment for a follow on check up. But surprisingly, idle is now stable after driving it for 2 days. Cancelled the appointment. Could it be that the computer had to re-learn the new software? I'm not sure but according to that TSB, there is no need to test drive after the PCM reprogramming to "relearn" KAM (Keep Alive Memory). We'll see how far this goes but for now, I'm happy. Thanks MAZDADUDE(thumb)

Back