Soooo....

jomil91

:
2007 Mazda3 5 door true red
I got a red mazda 3, a true red.. its a hatchback and im gettin it tinted, sooo.. my question, what kind of tink should I get? this is like the first time i get a car tinted, so lol

thanks!

well depends where you live here in miami cops are pretty slack so i go for the five percent i think it makes cars look allot sexierrrr

yeah i live in Maryland.. its 30 % here.. idk much else, but i know theres different "colors" some look like smoke, some are shinier and so on...

the best tint out is a ceramic based, blocks all heat and like 99.9 uv.. they also have it in clear for the front windshield....it's not cheap though but the guy said it'll keep color from fading....i kinda wish i spent the money when i first got my car

the best tint out is a ceramic based, blocks all heat and like 99.9 uv.. they also have it in clear for the front windshield....it's not cheap though but the guy said it'll keep color from fading....i kinda wish i spent the money when i first got my car

I have ceramic they also put a clear tint on the sunroof I have no idea how much it was because my parents paid for it but I know it wasn't cheap and my insurance just had to replace my front two windows and they about had a heart attack.

When they tinted my windshield they took the whole window off tinted it then put it back on, they did the same with the rear window... car smelled funny for about a week.

Last edited:
i have ceramic based tint as well every where but the front windsheild. it also helps with gps and sat radio recievers as it interfers less then metal based tint... i do'nt remember it being that expensive the whole car - windshield was 300 or something??

I just went to my local tint shop and told 'em to give me as dark as possible while staying legal. Ceramic is unnecessary IMO, but some folks prefer to always have the best.

Well my my best friend and I got our new cars at the same time she got a 2007 Scion tC and I got a 2007 Mazda3 both of our cars went into get tinted and hers was just the basic tint where as mine was the ceramic because I was moving to Florida and I make a lot of road trips, when we went pick up our cars you could tell that the ceramic looks better, and my car was ALWAYS cooler then hers in the summer. (her car is black with black cloth but mine is gray with black cloth.) I had a 2003 PT Cruiser before this and because the sunroof wasn't tinted at all it started to fade the dash and seats, not so much the windshield but enough to make me get the upgrade.

Well my my best friend and I got our new cars at the same time she got a 2007 Scion tC and I got a 2007 Mazda3 both of our cars went into get tinted and hers was just the basic tint where as mine was the ceramic because I was moving to Florida and I make a lot of road trips, when we went pick up our cars you could tell that the ceramic looks better, and my car was ALWAYS cooler then hers in the summer. (her car is black with black cloth but mine is gray with black cloth.) I had a 2003 PT Cruiser before this and because the sunroof wasn't tinted at all it started to fade the dash and seats, not so much the windshield but enough to make me get the upgrade.

hey thanks for that....next car gets ceramic

hey thanks for that....next car gets ceramic

I think it's worth it esp. if your going to have your car for a long time, I should have added that the PT had black leather and when I had the car I conditioned the seats once every week and the top of the dash is made to not fade but the part with the radio isn't and in the PT it stuck out but the Mazdas is pretty well hidden so if you were to get the reg. tint it's not a bad thing but for me who spends a whole lot of time driving from state to state it was worth it and my AC thanks me too.

Don't be stingy and skimp; pay for the best and get the lifetime warranty.

Don't be stingy and skimp; pay for the best and get the lifetime warranty.

Oh yeah I forgot about the lifetime warranty!!! Thats why my insurance had a fit because I had them match the tint and it costs a lot compaired to what they normally pay.

Yeah, ima go see that ceramic one.. Im planning on keeping my car for a long tiem so It would be the best investment.. (unless the next speed is hot enought o lure me into a turbo.. hehe)

I got a lifetime warranty without buying ceramic tint. I still got a quality product and paid less than half the cost of ceramic. My Ranger has the same tint as did my Mustang before that. Had the Mustang over 5 years and the Ranger is over 5 years old and no fading. I'm not knocking the ceramic... just saying you don't have to get ceramic to have a quality product that performs well. Like anything else, do your homework and educate yourself on the available options and choose what's right for you. If you live in the northern half of the USA or in Canada, ceramic is overkill IMO. The sun isn't strong enough to do serious damage to your interior unless you have no tint at all.

Back