Authentic Garage Vary lip spoiler

Got this from Japanparts and wasn't too sure if I wanted to paint it the same color as the car or do it in a semi-gloss black. I went with the black...
Let me know what you think..

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

that lip is starting to grow on me

I'm not crazy about it personally, but I think it may be because of the color of your car... I'm a little bias since I have the other lip though (shrug)

Yeah a nice contrast. If I did it in the same colour as the car, it would have been "lost" in the car and you would never notice it unless you're close up.

Not necessarily my cup of tea; but it doesn't look bad or distasteful (i.e. - gawdy). As far as your question, I think doing the semi-gloss black was the way to go. It allows it to stand out a little bit. The pictures are a little too close to get a good idea of what it looks like from a pedestrian's point of view. Post up some pics standing a little further back with more of the car in the pic so we can see how it truly looks with the rest of the car.

yeah i agree with RENE063 about the pics being too close, you should post some more. but I do like it. how much was it?

does the lip help keep road spray (rain) off the back glass, or do you still get covered with crap when it rains?

I would guess it would not help at all. My logic is with all the air coming from the bottom of the car going straight up and out, mixed with the air from the top spoiler circling around, there is absolutely no way to keep that hatch clean. At street speeds it would make your hatch a mess, but if you drove it 130 all the time and you had a rear defuser of some sort it might. My guess is your spoiler would have to stick out about 2-4 feet to keep the air away from the back glass.

I do hope im wrong though, plus I did NOT stay at a holiday Inn Express.

lol. i don't think it will help either. i must say i think it looks good.:cool:

yea i don't think it would help with the rain. i have the DG spoiler lip for ms3 which goes straight up about an inch from the spoiler and it doesn't help at all..

i have a crazy idea for modifying my spoiler, well "a" spoiler if i can find one in a junk yard. what i would like to try is spacering it off the roof maybe an inch and putting a lip of sorts on the underside to try to keep the window a bit clearer. i don't know just spinning my gears.

Back