How-to grille installation

buit9110

:
Mazdaspeed 6
ok guys here is the how-to on the grille install, there shall be no more clips breaking!

things you need:
1. grille..lol
2. razor blade
3. 3M double sided tape
4. 3M liquid primer (not necessary but a recommendation)
5. phillips head screwdriver.
6. rubbing alcohol.

now on to the steps:

1. Prop up your hood and unscrew the four highlighted screws
how%20to%20grille%20step%201.jpg

2. you must push in the clips that are highlighted in order to successfully remove the grille.
how%20to%20grille%20step%202.jpg

this is how the clips look once removed, don't mind about the black highlighted clips, they don't matter, focus on the green ones.
how%20to%20grille%20clip%20location.jpg

PLESE READ THIS!
for the top clips you have to stick your finger from the bottom and puch up
and for the bottom clips, you have to stick your finger from the top and push down.
3. prep the area where the 3M double sided tape will go with some rubbing alcohol, and then the 3M liquid primer(if you bought it ).
after its dry place the double sided tape on the grille and cut the exess with the razor.
how%20to%20grille%20step%203.jpg

4.check to see if the holes in the grille are the right diameter for the screw, if not adjust to size by cutting the edes a bit with the razor blade or a drill.
5. remove the other cover on the double sided tape and place the grille from the top down. the screws have to be in location and screwed a little bit in before the tape sticks to the bumper.
6. push down on the side where the tape is and finish screwing the bolts.
make sure that you check on the sides of the bumper because there is a little indentation where the grille sits(see step 2), if its tight enough one of the sides will click when you push in.
this is what you end up with.
installed%20grille%203.jpg

installed%20grille%204.jpg

installed%20grille%207.jpg

you are done!
good luck guys.

Last edited:
Why do they put so many damn clips on the mazda emblem portion of the grille. The damn thing is already screwed down 4 times on each side . . . its not going anywhere. Anyway those 2 bottom clips cam flying out at me after I took the grille off. No worries gunna get a cheap carbon fiber one off ebay soon (lol2).

Well its 200 bucks and carbon fiber so its not that cheap. The autoexe grille is so expensive for something so small. Ive never bought anything from ebay though so thanks for the heads up.

u sure its real carbon? thats the onl thing to watch out for on ebay cuz alot of people list real carbon when they just have plastic printed with cf design

Well I saw a few. One really cheap one for like under 100 bucks (not CF). Think it was 90 but have to add like 30 more to have it painted. Just a plain plastic one. The other one looks like carbon fiber from the pic and it is 200 bucks so. I can always return it and get my money back cant I ? The stock one is plastic anyway right?

Well I saw a few. One really cheap one for like under 100 bucks (not CF). Think it was 90 but have to add like 30 more to have it painted. Just a plain plastic one. The other one looks like carbon fiber from the pic and it is 200 bucks so. I can always return it and get my money back cant I ? The stock one is plastic anyway right?
you can't really do returns on ebay. its like going to a garage sale/flea market to buy something. not exactly a storefront.

for the ms3 you have to cut chop up the stock grille, it doesnt screw out like that. i'd give my left nut for that but i don't want to cut up my bumper.

wow that sucks, does that also apply to the regular mazda 3? because a friend of mine wanted to get a badgeless grille.

Buit, damn your car is amazing looking. Makes me jealous. And that grille just sets it even miles higher. Good job man. It looks great

update guys:
I drove to Orlando for Halloween horro nights and the grille stayed in place at highway speeds!!

No, but it's a cheap fiberglass alternative to the AE one. Make sure you secure the bottom or it will fly off though (known issue).

Back