Duration to Start Motor?

tomiller97

:
2008 Mazda CX-9 Sport
Has anyone noticed that it seems to take longer for the motor to start than other vehicles? My wife is driving our CX-9 and she told me a few times that it won't start on the first try....almost every time she drives it! I simply told her that she wasn't holding the key turned long enough and short starting it....Well that was until I drove the car over the weekend. I had to hold the key in the start position for over a solid second at least until it would kick over?? I know a second isn't a long time...but think about it? Doesn't that seem like a long time to keep the starter going before the engine starts up? Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?

I don't have that issue. Everytime I turn the ignition key from ACC to START, the engine starts immediately.

engine start time

it may be due to ambient temperature, colder means it allows more revolutions for the oil pump to circulate oil which is a good thing, I noticed the responses here stating start up right away in warmer climates (hmm?). I know that I was told by Ford that my explorer had a several sec. delay to circulate oil (back in the 90's).

I'd consider it a good thing, as long as one second doesn't become two or three and so on.

D.

Seems OK now?

Well, I don't know if it was temperature related or just a fact that the CX-9 hadn't been run very much since it had been on the lot for a while;
but it seems ok now? The issue lasted about 2-3 weeks or so then went away? Even though it's getting colder out now it doesn't seem to take as long as it did when the CX-9 was new?

Thanks for the replies....
Todd

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great. ------ April (nike shoes).

Back