Changing Rear Turn Signals to LED

randy00

Replacing Low Beams

hey guys, does anyone know what the low beams are rated as on a 08 cx-9 (non-HID)? 9005, 9006, etc? im looking to change the OEM low beams because i dont really like the yellowish tint it has. Also, does anyone know the type of bulb the rear license plate has? i also would like to change that to a whiter color bulb. saw it on a cx-7 once during the night and it look siiick!

thx guy,

Last edited:
Low beam headlamp
H11-55W

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Parking light

Front turn signal
1156A
1156AST Silverstar Signal Lighting: Complete the Look: Crisp, Clean, Style

Rear turn signal
992 (7440A)

Tail light
LED

Stop light
LED

High mount stop light
Assembly

Fog/Driving light
9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9006XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9006CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

License plate
2825LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Back up light

Front sidemarker

Rear sidemarker

Map light
DE3175

Dome light
DE3175

Step/Courtesy light

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3175

Hopefully you can't! There is a switch on the high beams so you can turn them off so you don't blind oncoming traffic. Having high beams as your standard headlights is just plain stupid, shows no regard for other drivers that would be blinded by them and is most likely illegal as well (it certainly is here).

Just use your high beams on non-city roads where there is no oncoming traffic. The standard low beam headlights are fine for all other situations.

And PLEASE ..... do not try to compensate by using the fog lights when there is no fog!!!!

i was in a rush in my last post, what i ment was.. for the list of lights above, is it possible to use the "9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen" as my low beams.. reason being is i want the HID "effect" or the whitest low beam lights i can get during the night. as for my highbeams i am not planning to change them as i rarely use them around my area anyways. if not, do any of you guys recommend any low beam lights that look like HIDs?

thx,

alright, so i just bought the Silverstar Ultra For Night Vision 9006SU headlight bulbs and they didnt fit on my cx-9. compared the two and they were totally different lol.. does anyone know the size for the cx-9? since the cx-9 is a new car its not in any of the auto stores databases yet, well in my area anyways.

on the shelves the only thing that separated these bulbs were the 9006, 9005su's..and i have no idea what the cx-9's is.. and no i dead what those numbers mean. the ppl at canadiantire just draw blanks when i ask them.. (hand)

Back