Stability Control Kicking In

cccx9

:
CX-9 Touring
Does anyone else have their stability control kick in on dry pavement shortly after backing out of your driveway and putting it in drive?

It has happened a few times to us. We back out, put it in drive, go about two houses down the street on dry pavement going about 20 mph and it kicks in. We slow down because the brakes are engaged (not sure on which wheels).

That doesn't sound good. But I do know that the ABS does an adjustment shortly after you start the car to sense the pad distance from the rotors... Could this be what is happening? Does it only last but a brief moment? My dealership gave us a little sheet of "what to expect" items when we bought the car. This ABS sensing was mentioned, along with other things like the undercoating they applied causing an odor at first etc...

Yeah it feels like the brakes kicking in for a couple seconds but the stability control light turns on. It has only happened about 5 times in 3 months.

My wife and I haven't had this problem, but will certainly keep an eye out for it. Good luck with it and let us know what you find.

Craig

Back