What is the "SAT" button? (Canadian GT Lux/US Grand Touring)

Katner

:
2008 Mazda5 Grand Touring
Tried a search on this, maybe I need search training but I didn't find anything, though somehow I doubt this hasn't ever been discussed here...just flame me and then delete the thread...but please answer my question first :)>

Have a GT Lux (Grand Touring) and along the top of the audio controls there is a button that says "SAT." This is obviously for satellite radio. Are the GT models Sat Radio ready? I would have thought that if they were there would be a demo station like there is in both of my parents Sat-equipped cars. Since when I push the button absolutely nothing happens I can only assume that the button is a standard piece that can be used on European or Asian vehicles? Kind of like the empty places for switches and buttons to the left of the steering wheel that no-doubt house traction/stability controls on other foreign versions of the car.

Can anyone confirm or reject my suspicions? I may want Sat if I don't have to buy any hardware to get it rolling.

That's a weird way to do it. I wonder how much they cost. If they are anywhere close to just getting an external unit then the whole thing is retarded because it can't come with you. I suppose sat-equipped cars have these features factored into their prices.

The RX-8 has a SAT and a TAPE/MD button. Neither work without the installed units.

K so on the Mazda.ca site you can add Sirius satellite radio to your car for $299.95 but then you also have to buy the installation kit which is an additional $137.95. So $300 in labor? The $137 is reasonable if I could install it myself.

I would go with an aux input adapter and a portable unit so you can move from car to house etc and you can hook up an iPod etc. as an option.

I would go with an aux input adapter and a portable unit so you can move from car to house etc and you can hook up an iPod etc. as an option.

I think I agree with you. And my '08 has one standard. Definitely the way to go IMO.

Tried a search on this, maybe I need search training but I didn't find anything, though somehow I doubt this hasn't ever been discussed here...just flame me and then delete the thread...but please answer my question first :)>

Have a GT Lux (Grand Touring) and along the top of the audio controls there is a button that says "SAT." This is obviously for satellite radio. Are the GT models Sat Radio ready? I would have thought that if they were there would be a demo station like there is in both of my parents Sat-equipped cars. Since when I push the button absolutely nothing happens I can only assume that the button is a standard piece that can be used on European or Asian vehicles? Kind of like the empty places for switches and buttons to the left of the steering wheel that no-doubt house traction/stability controls on other foreign versions of the car.

Can anyone confirm or reject my suspicions? I may want Sat if I don't have to buy any hardware to get it rolling.

Ok just to make this straight on the info... the SAT button is used to speed up the week if your having a bad day eh....LOL

Just to get the thread back on track......... I installed the aftermarket unit after doing some research and found info that suggested problems exist with the factory unit, not to mention the price and the portability of the aftermarket unit......... I had the "FM Direct Connect" installed to eliminate any interference from the regular radio when listening to the Sirius.....
Picture214.jpg

FM Direct Adapter
http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/ser...1&catParentID=7872&scId=7872&oldParentID=7872

Back