anyone try Michelin Latitude on 18"s?

tx9

I had a blowout on my stock Bridgestone Duelers and replacing it took four days. Nobody in Houston carries these tires. Every place had Latidude HPs so I'm wondering if anyone here has made the switch and likes/dislikes them relative to Duelers. Any other brands people like for 245/60/18..there are very few manufacturers using this odd size.

I've only been around here for a week or so, so I'm not how correct I am... with that said, I think the general consensus is that so long you're not going with a budget generic tire, you're upgrading by changing out the Bridgestones.

But like I said, I'm new here. Also, be prepared to wait a day two for responses around here... it is a little disappointing how slow these forums are.

For overall performance, including rain and light snow, the best rated I've found is the Latitude.
I will be putting them on when the Bleghstones wear out (If not sooner). Also looking at upgrading the wheels at that time.

Latitude

I will be replacing my Bridgestones next week with the Latitude Tour Hp in one size up to a 255/50/20. A little pricey, but I think well worth it..
Tom

seems about right

I have a Passat as well and the vwvortex forum has much higher participation. I assume CX9 owners tend to be less involved.

I will be replacing my Bridgestones next week with the Latitude Tour Hp in one size up to a 255/50/20. A little pricey, but I think well worth it..
Tom

As a follow up. I just put the Latitude Tour HP on my CX-9 Tourning yesterday. I thought the CX was fun to drive before, but wow what a joy after replacing the Bridgestones.(cool)

I went from 245/50/20 to 255/50/20 and found no clearance problems. The tires are very quite and feel great on the road. So far it's only been dry surfaces, I will need to wait for the rains and an occasional ski trip to try out in the snow.

Regards
Tom

Why did you choose to go with the larger tire?

I assume you are talking about 245 to the 255. I know the original question was about 18" tires but I jumped in before I realized I was talking about 20" vs. 18"

As for size in the 20" range there are more choices of tires in the 255/50/20 than the 245/50/20 and about 1/2" more side wall. The extra 1/2" sidewall gives a much better ride. I believe the original tires are the bare minimum acceptable size for the vehicle and weight. Mazda cheeped out on the tires and I prefer safety over cheep.
Just my .02c

Tom

P.S. When I see the CEO (O'Sullivan) walking his dog in the neighborhood or on the golf course, I will let him know!(gun)

tire width

I thought about moving up to 255's as well in order to get a softer ride. I've heard that increasing the width will decrease MPGs, so I didn't do it. Let us know if you notice a significant drop in fuel economy.

I thought about moving up to 255's as well in order to get a softer ride. I've heard that increasing the width will decrease MPGs, so I didn't do it. Let us know if you notice a significant drop in fuel economy.

In general, the larger tire will lose some mechanical advantage, and given the CX-9's thirsty nature, it's a valid question. Perhaps the difference is only negligible.

The larger sidewall should help you some in the snow.

Back