Yellow Glass capsule inside your fog lights

2008GT

I really wanted my fog lights to be yellow. I've been eyeballing this idea for a while. I've seen good results with these capsules that can't be matched with any yellow bulbs out there, the only thing close is a PIAA ion crystal bubls and those are 80 bucks and they also burn out in about a year.
From what I understand, these are what needs to be done

-remove fog light housing
-bake them in oven aroun 200-250 for about 10mins
-gently pry the seal between black housing and lens
-install capsules
-reseal housing with hi temp seal and put them back together

has anyone here done this yet?

I really wanted my fog lights to be yellow. I've been eyeballing this idea for a while. I've seen good results with these capsules that can't be matched with any yellow bulbs out there, the only thing close is a PIAA ion crystal bubls and those are 80 bucks and they also burn out in about a year.
From what I understand, these are what needs to be done

-remove fog light housing
-bake them in oven aroun 200-250 for about 10mins
-gently pry the seal between black housing and lens
-install capsules
-reseal housing with hi temp seal and put them back together

has anyone here done this yet?

I removed the fog lights, covered them with yellow 3M film and also installed yellow bulbs. I too love the way the HID's look with yellow fogs.

I removed the fog lights, covered them with yellow 3M film and also installed yellow bulbs. I too love the way the HID's look with yellow fogs.

God pls tell me where to get 3M yellow film!

EDIT: Lol i just found a yellow sharpie, should i try to paint the lens covers with it ?

And here is what im tryin to do to my fog lights... take a look at the pic
cx9fogscb3.jpg

Last edited:
Well since nobody replied my message I couldnt wait and tried the sharpie pen on my fogs... they look oke i wonder how long the paint can last... here are the pics
cx9fogzn7.jpg

cx9fog2oc8.jpg

Well since nobody replied my message I couldnt wait and tried the sharpie pen on my fogs... they look oke i wonder how long the paint can last... here are the pics
cx9fogzn7.jpg

cx9fog2oc8.jpg

That's quite nice. I hope that the sharpie ink lasts. Personally, I would love to install HIDs in the fogs if someone who has done it successully can recommend a kit and mounting instructions.

That's quite nice. I hope that the sharpie ink lasts. Personally, I would love to install HIDs in the fogs if someone who has done it successully can recommend a kit and mounting instructions.

Thanks for replying my message zoomfive =D and yes i do hope the ink lasts either.

God pls tell me where to get 3M yellow film!

EDIT: Lol i just found a yellow sharpie, should i try to paint the lens covers with it ?

That does look good, but when your ready you can buy the yellow film by the foot off of ebay. Search for item 380066346244

That does look good, but when your ready you can buy the yellow film by the foot off of ebay. Search for item 380066346244

thanks when the paint starts comin off, i ll search for the film on ebay =) and thanks south fl-5

(shady)(bow)(thumb)the report cards are in fellas, mac a+ for being creative and that s@&t is hot!! and jirath
a- for not showing the full picture.but mac, very impressive!!!

Back