Installed Auxmod on my 06 tonight!

:
06 mazda5 07 legacy 96 dakota 03 kawasaki
06 had no ipod input...so i ordered the auxmod from http://www.sylfex.com/

$65 to my door, arrived in days, installed in minutes....life is better.

Going to disney in a few weeks...trying to make the drive more bearable. put my thule rack and box on this week too

Me too!
I installed an auxmod in my 06 last week.
The dash came apart and went back together very easily.
The input works perfectly, just hit the Media button and away you go.
The radio display will show TAPE (or at least it will on my Canadian GT).
1992 Kawasaki Zephyr 750
1992 Honda XR250L

Last edited:
I did this back at Christmas. It's fantastic. I'm not much of a mechanic, so it took me a couple of hours to pull everything apart and put it back together again. If I can do it in a couple of hours, any idiot can do it.

I drilled a couple of holes in the plastic place-holder that says "multi-funcion audio system" and ran a cheap $3 splitter jack from the auxmod, so I actually have 2 input jacks I can use up front. I don't have any specific purspose for having 2 instead of one, except that I can keep one mp3 device permenantly attached with my music collection, and still plug in my HTC PDA with the books I listen to. I actually use the auxmod more than the radio and cd player combined, so this was a very cost effective purchase.

I highly recommend it to anyone with any desire to have external audio. The sound is as good as any other component in the system.

I installed an auxmod in my 06 last week.
The dash came apart and went back together very easily.

I have the M5 Touring and I'm getting ready to install an Alpine MRP-F300 amp. How do I take the dash apart to access the rear of the receiver?

Thanks in advance

there are some posts on here with the specifics, but here are some hints:

There are side panels that have to be removed from the center console at the floor, first.

You'll need to unscrew the central panel on the console to get to the silver faceplate.

you'll need to unscrew your shifter knob. you'll need to put the transmission in neutral. (this is for the automatic, not manual transmission). the faceplate around the shifter will need to be removed as well...as I recall it slides off after unscrewed.

once these are removed, you'll be able to access the stereo deck.

somewhere on this site there are some photos...

bottom line: start at the bottom side console panels and work your way up...it's not too hard.

Back