Satellite Antenna Through Roof

rayarnold

:
2008.5 Mazda3 Touring Sedan
Has anyone here fed the cable for the sat. antenna through the hole in the roof for the AM/FM antenna? I saw on the sharkfin website they mentioned that some people have done this and the puck fits under there, but I haven't been able to find anyone explaining how to do this, or if they've even done it. The reason I ask is I got an email yesterday stating that my sharkfin shipped out, and I want to put the sat antenna under it as well.

Actually the sharkfin isn't metal, so the signal goes right through. I did get the sat antenna cable through the hole where the AM/FM antenna comes through...it just took the better part of an afternoon to figure out how to get to it and how to secure everything down. It looks pretty sweet now though, and my reception is better than it was when the sat antenna was on my dash.

for sat radio..if u use sirus they have to put it on the outside of ur car, but if u have XM theyll mount it on the dash of ur car...thats wut i got my XM thing is mounted on the dash it looks good

for sat radio..if u use sirus they have to put it on the outside of ur car, but if u have XM theyll mount it on the dash of ur car...thats wut i got my XM thing is mounted on the dash it looks good

That's not true, before my sharkfin antenna came in, I ran with the Sirius antenna on my dash for about a month. As long as it has a clear shot of the sky, its fine.

Back