Mazdaspeed3 Suspension on the Mazda5?

njaremka

Wiggity-Wack-O-Tack
Contributor
:
2012 Mini R55
has any one put the full mazdaspeed3 suspension on a mazda5 yet? pics? thoughts? impressions?

i'm thinking i want to pick up a second hand set of speed3 struts and springs, and a rear sway-bar.

I had a set of Mazdaspeed 3 speed springs put on my car with my stock struts. I had also experimented with a set of Mazda3 5door Tein coilovers which bolted on easily enough. But I went with Ksport coilovers instead, because they were 5 specific. Hope that helps...by the way the 5 is heavier so it rides lower. Post pics of your ride if you decide to get the suspension. I would just go with 5 specific parts to be safe anyways. I kno the 3 parts fit, but the long term reliability I'm not so sure of, because the 5 packs on a few extra hundred pounds....or something like that.

how did it sit and ride with the speed3 springs? i know that 5 specific springs would be better, but you can get the stock speed3 stuff for pretty cheap - thats why i asked.

the car is the wife's, so cost and ride are important to her. i just want a little better handling out of it.

The MS3 springs didn't really look too different to me, so I took them off pretty fast, I don't remember how they rode. The Teins felt softer to me for some reason, my wife said it was too harsh (bouncy?)....(boom02) The Ksports were a good compromise because they were a little stiffer than stock... I think the MS3 springs felt about the same to me as stock...so I wasn't too impressed...but it was almost a year ago now that I tried them...plus if you have the struts it may stiffen the ride a little more...

Back