Dynamat prior to Audio Installation

av474

I am looking at upgrading the Head-Unit on my 08 Mazda 5 GT to a Pioneer AViC-F90BT along with complementing speaker/bass/amp upgrades. Would having the car Dynamated prior to upgrades introduce problems in wiring and speaker installs? The car is a daily highway driver and I would like to reduce the noise in the car's interior asap. However, not at the risk of limiting future stereo upgrade plans.

Will it cause problems before install, no

Will it reduce interior noise, yes, but only a bit. If you are very tuned into the noises your car makes you will notice. It's not drastic though, so don't set yourself up for disappointment

Thanks lestat13!

I m sensitive to noise creep. Especially considering the Mazda 3 2.3 - 4 spd auto I own is quieter at cruising speeds compared to the Mazda 5. But I can envision an amazing sound installation with the Mazda 5 above the stock system. As things are right now, increasing the volume during highway cruising is migraine inducing.

I did edead v3 all over my integra. It didn't muffle the sound as much as I wanted, but it did stop ALL vibrations and rattles on the inside of the car, and made the outside ones almost unnoticeable. Loud exhausts, wind, road, and tire noise are another story though..... I've got some pics of what I did on another thread, but I'm not going to bomb this post with those

Back