soon to be 09 mazda 3 owner

Ritchey

Just put my deposit down for a 09 mazda 3 pretty excited to recive it. Previously a 02 p5 owner and finally decided to stay with the mazda family, does anyone know of a cai and short shifter for the 09?

i have an 09, there is not a cai that i have found yet, i really don't think there is much of anything for the 09 yet.

anyone have a fuel cap problem? I currently dont have one due to the fact that my dealer told me to rip it off and its a problem with the 8.5 and 09 models.

I don't think they have made any physical changes to the 2009 model as far as the throttlebody. The CAI from the 06 - up models should work. I know the 2010 is a different story.

yeah, my fuel cap broke off while i was at the gas station filling it up for the first time...that was fun. The dealership replaced it for free but it was still a pain in the ass. other than that, i love it.

anyone have a fuel cap problem? I currently dont have one due to the fact that my dealer told me to rip it off and its a problem with the 8.5 and 09 models.

Did they say specifically what's wrong with it? I have an 08.5, and as far as I know I still have the original gas cap from the factory. Isn't it worse to be driving with no gas cap at all vs a faulty gas cap? I would think that without having the tank sealed up that the gas would begin to evaporate out.

Did they say specifically what's wrong with it? I have an 08.5, and as far as I know I still have the original gas cap from the factory. Isn't it worse to be driving with no gas cap at all vs a faulty gas cap? I would think that without having the tank sealed up that the gas would begin to evaporate out.

Um yes plus your check engine light would come on. No dealership would tell a customer to rip it off and not use one.

Ive had my 09 mazda3 for a week and a half, and i absolutly love it! I'm sure anyone who gets an 09 will love it!(boobs)

weird thing I had no check engine light at all good thing bad thing? I really dont know but I do have a brand new gas cap on now.

weird thing I had no check engine light at all good thing bad thing? I really dont know but I do have a brand new gas cap on now.

Thats totally wierd I let my sister drive my car one day and she went fill up my car and put the cap back on wrong and when I got in the check engine light was on and I freaked out, after checking everything I could think of I found the gas cap on all wierd. Put it on right went for a drive and it turned the light off.

well everything is all good now got the cap replaced and she runs great. Wanting to get a CAI any suggestions she just seems like she needs to breath more.

Never thought this would happen again but he new fuel cap that I got replaced well it got seized again. Just at the dealership waiting to get this problem fix. =(

There is no change between 04, 06, 07, 08 and now 09. You can get a CAI or SS for the 07 or 08 and it will work on your 09 without any problems. They wont list 09 parts for at least 6 more months.

Yes, '08 and '09 are the same. The bigger question is should you go with a CAI or a SRI. That's what I've been debating about. I might wait until Spring so I can do more research.

Back