Hey all - Checking in

aps11090

:
2007 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
Hey guys. Not sure if any of you will recognize me if you are on m3f or not, but I figured I might as well join in the fun you all are having over here.

I've got myself a 2007 gt 5 speed hatch... (I didn't see a non ms3 FI section - move this if need be thanks) boosted on a GT28R... bit of this and that kit. I picked it up used, did a few small modifications, and slowly have been improving it ever since. I boosted at 26k and after the EECMM meet down in Myrtle Beach this past weekend I just passed 33k and it's still running strong. I've got myself limited to about 6.5 psi for now... Had some over boosting issues at first, but milled out the wastegate area and the flow area and was able to fix that up...

Anyhow just wanted to say hi, here are a few pics...

main.php

Only had 150 miles on it... lol
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

New rims
main.php

And now dropped...
main.php

and apparently you cant post pics from Gallery2....(shocked) oh well, there are some links then ;)

Hope to read lots of good things on the FI section here. Happy tuning!

Last edited:
Pretty cool, my buddy here wants to go this route with his mazda3 but he asked the dealership about it and they said it is impossible to do it for this car. I told him that can't be right because all of these non turbo cars are getting turbos in them. But I'll tell him to check into again, unless he just ends up buying a speed3. Car looks good though

Pretty cool, my buddy here wants to go this route with his mazda3 but he asked the dealership about it and they said it is impossible to do it for this car. I told him that can't be right because all of these non turbo cars are getting turbos in them. But I'll tell him to check into again, unless he just ends up buying a speed3. Car looks good though

The dealer is trained to say that haha.

There are actually 3-4 kits out now, Tri-Point, Reactive Racing, F2, and if you dare... Hi-Boost.

You can also go my route and custom fab something up. Just takes some time and money, but it can be done :)

Awesome! clean job, man.
did you dyno it after the install of your kit?

Almost did last weekend at EECMM... but it never panned out. I dyno'd the weekend before to get a baseline...

"Engine Mods: F2 Cold Air Intake, Speed 3 Exhuast, TRZ Motormount.
3 consecutive runs:
WHP - 140.31 - TORQUE - 137.59
WHP - 138.72 - TORQUE - 134.41
WHP - 140.01 - TORQUE - 139.26

@ Performance Dyno in Concord NH

2007 Mazda 3 N/A PZEV version.

Note: All three pulls started in 4th gear, and went from 3000 rpm. It was about 72-74 degrees outside, and only 14% humidity. The power ratings are AT THE WHEEL not at the crank. PZEV version at the wheels is around 123hp (145hp at the crank -15% average loss)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87GDuEQO-0

I would like to get down to a dyno, but its more a matter of time/cash... I could spend it on other things like car payments or more importantly... MODS lol

Last edited:
Hahaha gocha,
Dyno imo is a very important step in modding, especially since you went FI, i would dyno the car asap after the install.
If you don't mind sharing, how much this kit run you in total. Was it cheaper in the end than to buy premade kit tri-point, hi boost or similar?

Almost did last weekend at EECMM... but it never panned out. I dyno'd the weekend before to get a baseline...

"Engine Mods: F2 Cold Air Intake, Speed 3 Exhuast, TRZ Motormount.
3 consecutive runs:
WHP - 140.31 - TORQUE - 137.59
WHP - 138.72 - TORQUE - 134.41
WHP - 140.01 - TORQUE - 139.26

@ Performance Dyno in Concord NH

2007 Mazda 3 N/A PZEV version.

Note: All three pulls started in 4th gear, and went from 3000 rpm. It was about 72-74 degrees outside, and only 14% humidity. The power ratings are AT THE WHEEL not at the crank. PZEV version at the wheels is around 123hp (145hp at the crank -15% average loss)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j87GDuEQO-0

I would like to get down to a dyno, but its more a matter of time/cash... I could spend it on other things like car payments or more importantly... MODS lol

Hahaha gocha,
Dyno imo is a very important step in modding, especially since you went FI, i would dyno the car asap after the install.
If you don't mind sharing, how much this kit run you in total. Was it cheaper in the end than to buy premade kit tri-point, hi boost or similar?

I agree... but with what I am running (stock internals, tranny and 6.5 psi) a street tune is all you really need. A dyno will tell me some numbers, but other than HP, it isn't going to give me any more info that my current LC-1 wideband won't...

Personally right now I have been recommending the Reactive Racing Kit by Dee and crew... paired with his XFC it is the cat's meow. Tri-point definately has a great kit as well, but I have not done as much reading up on it at this point. The F2 kit (stage 1) is alright for those just looking for a small boost in power (190hp), but I don't see any point in only going halfway there... haha. If you're gonna boost might as well at least max out the engine and have the option for more later... (if you decide to do a full build).

My costs ended up running pretty much that of what a full kit would have cost me (though Reactive, F2, and Tri-point's kits all JUST came out... where as I boosted about 3 months back) I would figure 4k-5k to boost correctly (without a motor/tranny build) and then make sure you have a credit card somewhere in case something were to go wrong... as long as you take your time with the install it is pretty easy. I wrote a how to, I'll have to get the links up on this forum to give a general idea on what you get yourself into... last I checked the reactive kit even comes with a DVD of video walk throughs and a full write up on each step... and just FYI. I've never done more than chat with reactive on the "other" forum... no affiliation or anything, just from what members, pics, and dyno's have shown... lol

Back