Progress Springs drop

Scr00G

:
Mazda5 Sport
Heres the before and after pics for a drop with progress springs on the Mazda5, 1.3" drop front and back. Didn't want to get any of the other springs because they have more of a drop in the fronts than the rear, and looking at the stock 5 it already looked lower in the front.

Before
Mazda5001.jpg

After
Mazda5002.jpg

Result
Mazda5.jpg

Kinda hard to see in the last pic but definatly less gap. Hotness.

Very sunny day, they are 35% all around, maybe this pic is better.

taylorfarms016.jpg

Mazda5003.jpg

Didn't want to get them any darker, no need to give the police a reason to pull me over, especially with my luck. (nervous)

Appreciate it. The ride is alot better than before not as spongy, alot more firm especially in corners and on the highway, then again I've been driving a lowered Teg for a couple of years now so I'm kinda biased toward a firm ride. I hated getting on the highway and feeling like I was going to get blown off by some Semi or large SUV. I'm still riding on stock struts so the ride is still comfortable without being to stiff, as soon as they go out I will change them to some adjustable struts so I can change the setings as I need. This is my DD so I didn't want to go to low. The Progress Springs didn't lower the 5 as low as some others, which lower it maybe 0.5 inches lower or more, plus I liked the fact that it was an even drop all around, where others would give it more of a drop in the front. It does scrape the front on steep driveways but thats about the only issue, which I'm used to having experienced lowered cars before. I was considering getting the Mazdaspeed3 spring or the Cobb Tuning springs since they wont dropped the 5 as low, but since I'm still rolling on the stock 17" wheels I decided on closing the gap with these springs. If I decide to increase the wheel size to 18" I might consider getting the Cobb Tuning springs they give it a drop of 1" all around.

Nice, the tails and drop look good. I like the idea of leaving the reverse and turning lights non-tinted, like the European ones...

car_photo_211049_7.jpg

I was actually planning to get them painted in OEM red, like those pictured. He tried it and it looked to pinkish since their was no color behind to darken the red, so we changed it to the black tint instead. I'm actually thinking about going back and getting the red brake light area untinted, the way it looks right now gives the illusion the tailights are tiny, haha.

The car looks good but yeah the pics have been deleted from the photobucket account.

I would drop him a PM if you want him to repost them. PMs also go to his e-mail account, just in case he is no longer visiting the forum...

I just got a set of Progress springs, mazda5 specific. Anyone know if im gonna need camber plates or an alignment kit with them? Im gonna run them with the stock wheels and tires and shocks for now and im also installing a Cobb rear sway bar. I hope those pics get re posted, ill like to see how it looks.

Last edited:
I just got a set of Progress springs, mazda5 specific. Anyone know if im gonna need camber plates or an alignment kit with them? Im gonna run them with the stock wheels and tires and shocks for now and im also installing a Cobb rear sway bar. I hope those pics get re posted, ill like to see how it looks.

Anything lower than 1.25" in the rear will likely need the camber plates.
I needed them when I lowered my car with a set of H&Rs.

Don't go buying them yet....I have a 2006 model and I needed the plates. The only way to know for sure is to take it in for an alignment after you install the springs.

Ok then, that sounds good. mines is an '06 as well. Thanks for the help.

Not good pics but here's my 5 with progress springs on. Im waiting on the camber kit so i can then do the alignment. I love how it rides now, such a huge difference. Gonna get the Cobb rear sway bar installed today as well.

20090326191611.jpg

20090326191532.jpg

Back