6CD head unit stuck at the "Hello!" start message

coolmazda5

Contributor
:
2008 Mazda5 5MT Sport w/ Popular Package
Wife has experienced this a couple of times in the 08

When the car is switched on, the message center displays the greeting but does not play the CD in turn, so you have to select AM/FM in order to get it to kick, otherwise the greeting remains like in limbo...

My belief is that the burned CDs are to blame (some of them are "original" but there are some others that she mixed and burned), but who knows. The 6CD player has a full house, and there is no specific CD number when this occurs

If you have seen this before, drop a post while still under warranty :D

Thx!

um take it in it is waranty they will send it to get cds removed and install a new one

Thanks, but all the CDs come in and out with no problem and the 6CD player works well 99% of the time, except few times like the cases posted above and it coincides that is a "burned" CD. We are testing with some "original" CDs now and no trouble so far...

Problem is that I'm sure if I take it to the dealer I won't be able to reproduce it, that is why wanted to check if the gang here had similar issues, so I can say "it is common" or "it has happened to others" when I talk to the dealer :)

our 08 has had issues withthe 6-disc changer too. sometime, it wont load cd's, wont read them, or will fail on start-up and switch over to the radio. i think there might be a problem with the 08 radios, but i'm waiting till we take the car in for her first service before i talk to the service manager about it. its a VERY intermitant problem, and nothing we do can replicate it. it is annoying, though.

Sounds (or should I say, it does not sound? (lol2)) a little bit different than my issue but interesting. I drove the 08 at first and never had any trouble, albeit I did not play CDs much, then I swapped cars with wife.

But you may be right, the 06 "beta" model was driven by wife for the last 3 years, never had any issue with the 6CD player and she played CDs (original and "burned") ALL the time (scratch)

Damn, that's no good. Problem is mine does play burned CDs with the exceptions mentioned earlier. Yours may be then easier to justify a swap @ the dealer.

Back