Popped rear shock

fam

:
10 Mazda5 GT AT, 10 Mazda3S GB GT 6SPD
I have a popped rear shock on the wife's 5. 19k miles on it all city driving nothing above 40mph, Had the car 3 years but the warranty reset in dec of 05 so it should still be in warranty, Is the shock in warranty or are they going to blame it on her driving? Cant find those rear shocks at autozone, only on the net...now the question is do I need to change both rears...sheesh.

Thanks,

There is no way they try and claim it is wear. Even Monroe claims that shocks and struts should last 50,000 miles. There have been other posts about this issue, it seems we have more than a few issues with our suspensions, especially the rear.

Anyone else have a bad shock ?

Its making a ton of moaning and creaking when it moves and its covered in grease.

I got to mazda when they opened today at 7am and they didnt have the part, were too slammed today, and werent going to give me a rental (which they always give me a rental @ brown mazda in toledo). I argued with the new guy about a rental and won but then they mysteriously have the shock and will have it done in an hour and a half.

Shouldnt have popped a shock, My wife drives it solo with a 3 yr old, a newborn and a stroller.

However, our old house we had was on a road with speed bumps and she always took them a little faster than I would have but 19k miles? Oh well.

Good thing im salary because im going to be an hour and a half late today.

I reccomend Brown automotive but some of their new guys arent there yet.

I blew out a shock in the rear about 6 months ago, was leaking fluid... so took it in and they replaced it in an hour, totally covered.

All done and at work. All free. On a friday with no appointment. Good stuff.

Leaky shock

Did they replace just the one shock or both? They should replace both, should they not? I am faced with a similar situation and would feel uncomfortable with them replacing only one.

Back