cx9 Radio Dies

kjjfish

Hey all,

Got in the car today, and on turning over the engine, I noticed that I had no radio controlls, display or anything.

A/C works however.

Can anyone offer what fuse might be at fault? I've looked through the manual, And checked all which remotely COULD be related to radio. They all appear to be fine.

Any help?

Thanks!

I've had the about the same issues with my 2007 CX-9 for the last year or so. It seems like the radio will just suddenly decide not to come on when the ignition is switched on. The time, temp, and other displays still show, but no radio, DVD, CD, or AUX. Then after awhile (when the ignition has been switched off and on a few times), it will suddenly start working again. When it first would do it's intermittent "dying" thing, I took it in and they replaced the control panel for the radio. This didn't help, so they replaced the radio box itself. According to the tech it consists of two separate parts. This seemed to work for awhile, but sometimes it would still very briefly "blank out" with no sound, but then come back on. Then the other night, the CD function decided to disappear from the mode selections. After I switched off the car for awhile and switched it back on, it started to work again. I guess I'll just have to take it back again and see if they can figure out what's going on. I'm wondering if there's some computer chip that's defective or something between the ignition and radio that isn't quite right. Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else has had anything like this happen. Otherwise, everything else on "ole blue" works great after the first 20k miles...

I had a similar problem about a month ago. I was backing out of the driveway and my radio just stopped working. I took it to the dealer and they said that the "room fuse" was loose. Everything seems to be OK now.

Please find a link to an online copy of WorkShop manual on this forum.
In it, there is a prcoedure to perform a self-diagnosis for radio.

Back