how to get rid of the governor!

FrancoNemo

:
2010 MS3
hey soo out reg N/A 3's max out at like 118... pretty lame lol jk
soo i want to get rid of it! anyone know how to do it?
thanks

The speed limiter is in the PCM...
Buy a standalone ECU and V, W, Y, or Z-rated tires.

Last edited:
exactly? and it takes you like what 8 miles to get that fast?

thatfunny.gif

My girlfriend and I tried to find the limiter on her Yaris.

:: sigh ::

The acceleration was so awful we ran out of road before we could get it over 105!! You think the 2.0 or 2.3 mazda 3 is bad, the Yaris is 1.3

of course, even beating on it she gets at least 42 miles a gallon. I'd rather get 20 and go fast!

EDIT: about the GT-R, I heard if you take it to a track, they can turn off the limiter by remote, but then you have a certain number of days to take it in for maintenance ($3000 my friend says) or they void your warranty. Oh yeah, and the 110 turns back on when it sees you get to the parking lot. ugh, ghey

Last edited:
My girlfriend and I tried to find the limiter on her Yaris.

:: sigh ::

The acceleration was so awful we ran out of road before we could get it over 105!! You think the 2.0 or 2.3 mazda 3 is bad, the Yaris is 1.3

of course, even beating on it she gets at least 42 miles a gallon. I'd rather get 20 and go fast!

Lol. That makes my P5 seem like a supercar. I had no idea. (lol)

been to 155 a few times and the my car shuts down till about 80 and picks back up..So i would have to say the MS3 is gov.

had the ms6 up to 140 but the fuzz buster started beepin so i backed off, then when i was down to about 120 a yellow grxr flew past me like i was standing still.

The 04 and 05 models can be removed with a standalone system and the 06 and up models throttlebody closes at 110 or 118mph. There is no getting around that so far. Mines close at 110mph.

i thought we had a soft govener as in failed to keep accelarating but maintains... US GT-R are limited??? i know the JDM ones are and the gps lifts the limiter at certin tracks.

Hardly. I have no problems getting to 118 M.P.H. in my 2.3L sedan on the expressway. I, too, would love to find a way to get rid of the stupid thing. A good, mature driver should be able to decide for him- or herself how fast to drive in any situation. I don't like my car telling me how fast it's going to cut out. Years ago I was very fortunate to have a faster car than an idiot drunk driver on a dark Florida expressway (before cell phones were common). I dusted the fool off after he decided to chase us because we finally managed to get past the idiot swerving all over the expressway, and my then wife-to-be got off the expressway and called 911 from a pay phone.

It used to be that these speed limiters were done for tire speed rating, but my Mazda3 came with better than T rated tires from the factory, which are 118 M.P.H. tires. I plan to get the Tri-Point Engineering turbo kit, and I am on a quest to get rid of that silly limiter. It's there to make Mazda lawyers happy so stupid ricer kids don't kill themselves and others. I don't need it. I'm 39 years old, and have never caused an accident or crashed any of my cars in 22 years of driving. I've also been to the Mid-Ohio 2-day High Performance and Advanced High Performance racing school. I'm a libertarian at heart--I can make my own decisions, and don't need Big Brother looking out for me.

Hey man it was a joke. I think it sux that they cut at that low. Havn't gotten my ms6 to the cut off point and don;t plan on it. But like these guys say there is a way around it if you have an older one.

Back