faulty airbag?

ofplon

hi -

i hit a big racoon in my 5, did $4k in front end damage - he went through the grill, the radiator folded around him... should i be concerned about my airbags now that i have the vehicle back?

the passenger dash light is always off, even when i do not have a passenger...

thanks for any thoughts.

I'm sorry to hear that ... and looks like the poor little guy really got "grilled"!

In case you wonder how the passenger airbag deactivation light is supposed to work, here is what we have from the manual for the 2008 NA Mazda 5. It always illuminates momentarily when the ignition switch is first turned to ON.

Attachments

• 2008M5OM.JPG
    2008M5OM.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 134
thx a lot for the chart - i was falling asleep when i wrote this last night and too lazy to go get my manual...

my indicator lights are working as normal. i hope this is insurance that the airbags will deploy properly if necessary...

thx a lot for the chart - i was falling asleep when i wrote this last night and too lazy to go get my manual...

my indicator lights are working as normal. i hope this is insurance that the airbags will deploy properly if necessary...

Just in case have it checked next time you service it with Mazda as a follow-up. I'm assuming you service it in the same place where the car was fixed after the accident, correct? It is not like you don't trust them, but it is just reassurance :D...

Back