backup sensors - need wiring diagram

mikeimaz

Having a real hard time figuring out how to install some backup sensors I bought. Does anyone know if I can find the backup wire anywhere else besides in the trunk lid?
I took off the trim on the hatch (see pix - orange wire) and all I see is that it goes into the headliner, but can't figure out where it goes from there. I really don't want to take out the headliner just to get to the wire.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for installation?

Mike

2008 CX9 Sport

Attachments

• cx9backup.jpg
    cx9backup.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 796
I would love to know the answer to this as well.
In the past, I ran the wire (+) all the way to the backup light.
The ground can be tapped anywhere to the body (negative).
Use some oil to lube the wire so that it is easier to run it through the
rubber boot.

give me a pm with your email address and i can email you a wiring diagram for it, i am a mazda master technician trying to help out people when i can

I would love to know the answer to this as well.
In the past, I ran the wire (+) all the way to the backup light.
The ground can be tapped anywhere to the body (negative).
Use some oil to lube the wire so that it is easier to run it through the
rubber boot.

The use of liquid soap (such as Dawn) is a better recommendation for lubing wiring through a harness or boot. I worked for GM 14 years (often routing harnesses), and there they avoided lubing harnesses with oil because over time it degrades the insulating sheaths over the wires and neutralizes the adhesive of the outer tape/cloth layer that keeps a harness assembly bound together.

Then again, with the back asswards way GM conducts its business, who knows? I am proud to say that after 14 years of working for them, I never bit once on any of their products, which probably says more than any opinion I could verbalize.

Last edited:
back up sensors with no camera??

WHere is the best place to buy those and at what price?? (attn)

did anyone find out how to do this

If anyone has figured out how to do this, I would appreciate the info. I to would rather not run a wire from the tail.

BTW, these are cheap, especially if all you want is sound. It is a shame they do not make them standard, probibily trying to upsell on the camera.

I too am trying to install rear backup sensors. I'd be interested in which brand you used an any photos of where you installed them on the rear bumper. I'm up in the air on where to install them, but thinking on the lower half or the non painted part of the bumper and using the black sonar.

there is lube made especially for pulling wire. Dish soap can turn into glue after a while which is a problem if you need to get the wiring out.

There is a new 2009 factory rear parking distance sensor, which is part of the T/GT Assist package. Just FYI.

Any details? I just bought a 2008 touring and would rather have this factory unit installed then purchasing an aftermarket.

Back