Bluetooth/Ip[one delay

ryguy

:
Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
All, I had Treo which worked great with the bluetooth. Now I have an Iphone, which works fine if I initiate the call from the car through the audio prompts or receive a call. However, if I try to dial from the phone, it won't pick up on the bluetooth until 2-3 seconds after someone answers on the other end whether it be a voicemail or an actual live person. it is getting annoying having other people say "hello...hello..." waiting for me to come on live. Anyone know what could be the problem? The treo never had this problem.

I have an Iphone on order and it will be 2weeks before I get it, but before I ordered it, I tried to find out whether it would work with my bluetooth, but no one could tell me, so I am just taking the gamble.
Atleast yours is working somewhat, but hopefully the Ozzie version may work better, (or worse).
There ARE some differences between US and Australian electronics, we are yet to get a descent GPS, they started to supply one as an expensive ($2500) optional extra, but it was canned due to it being total junk. At this stage I'll stick to my portable Garmin on the screen.
As for the bluetooth, I paid an extra $450 for a pretty basic unit, so I hope it works with my Iphone atleast.

Photo is of: Bluetooth control in top corner of the windscreen

Attachments

• Bluetooth.jpg
    Bluetooth.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 702
Last edited:
Interesting; my wife has the same delay complaint with her iPhone - but I don't think she's ever tried initiating the call through the car.

I've never dialed via my phone (HTC Tytn) in the car; so I never wondered if it was an iPhone specific issue.

I'll have to try now...

Back