Speaker replacements....

steph1693

:
Mazda 5 2008
i need your advice.... i bought 2 pairs of 6x8 speakers, 1 infinity 6822cf and 1 polk audio db571, for those who know these speakers, wich one should i install in front and wich one in the back and should i disconnect the original tweeters? ? I planned to install them this week end and i bought 2 pairs of speaker conectors because i don't want to cut the wires and i want a clean job. I also want to know if the speakers locations are insulated or if they have a kind of compartment for bass reflexion cause even with the original speakers, the sound is good and there is a good bass. This should be step 1 of my audio upgrade, the car is brand new, cost a lot... and step 2 should be a re-q with a 4 channel amps and a small hidden or under the seat sub. So, finally, where should i install each pair of speakers?

Thanks in advance for your advices.

1 infinity 6822cf and 1 polk audio db571, for those who know these speakers, wich one should i install in front and wich one in the back and should i disconnect the original tweeters? ?

I have the 6822cf in the rear, and infinity 6820cf components in front. The 6822's sound better than stock, but nowhere near as good as the components. The low's hit harder, and the high's are a lot brighter. If I had to do it again, I'd get components all the way around.

My advice is if the Polk's are components, put them in the front where you're sitting. If they're coaxial speakers, it won't matter, they'll sound similar to the other coaxials....

Just looked up the Polk db571's....they are coaxials....so it won't matter, the two speakers will sound similar.

Last edited:
?????????

What the ###

I just finish installing the polk aidio in the front and they sound like crap! no highs, like if the tweeters don't work. sound better with the original speakers. I even re-plug the original tweeters to have some effect... Is ther some in-line filter for the speakers to cut the high frequencies?

No inline filter in the fronts in the original stock wiring. The original stock speakers have the front tweaters and woofers wired in parallel. Do the infinity's sound the same in that position?
Tried adjusting the audio and raising the treble?

?????????

What the ###

I just finish installing the polk aidio in the front and they sound like crap! no highs, like if the tweeters don't work. sound better with the original speakers. I even re-plug the original tweeters to have some effect... Is ther some in-line filter for the speakers to cut the high frequencies?

Last edited:
Don't know yet, i order the speakers but did not received them yet. I played with the bass and treble and still sounds crappy. Like i said, i had to plug back the tweeters to have some highs.

Back