Dice iPod connector installed

halfgreek

Installed the Dice iPod connector on my Mazda5 yesterday. So far, it is working great. Easy install. Took about an hour of time as I worked through the removal and installation of the dash.

Anyways, works like a champ. After playing with the screen controls for a while I decided to switch to the iPod control. Just seems easier to control than the screen controls.

Thanks for the info Halfgreek. I was looking at the same unit on Ebay and it seems that if you already have an Ipod its the way to go. Sorry to hear you're not nuts about the screen controls - it seems its best if the Ipod stays out of view at all times (theft).

I gave my wife the option of HID's or the Dice Ipod adapter and strangely enough she chose the Dice. I guess thats my next purchase. If I have any install questions I may ask for some input. Thanks, Craig.

You'll be happy with it. So far, I am.

I have a black ipod nano with a case on it. I put it between the seat and the center arm rest if I slip out momentarily. You can't really tell it is in there. I bring the iPod with me most of the time. So then it is just a cable poking out the bottom of the console.

Dice Kit

I purchased the Dice R2 iPod car integration kit for my Mazda 5 GT and I have had some trouble with the install. While I was on vacation, I had my nephew, who is a mechanic help me, but we could not get the unit to work. When I press the SAT button, nothing happens. Is this normal? I did not have SAT radio, but when I called DICE for help, I was told I did not need to have a SAT radio installed - all I needed was the SAT button. DICE is sending me a replacement to see if there is an issue with the cable or the interface unit. Hopefully, it is an issue with the interface unit, because I had a tough time getting the radio removed. When my nephew helped me, it was a snap, but I am now back home and I don't have anyone to help me get to the back of the radio unit to unplug the cable. I have the latest software on my 5G iPod and I followed the steps exactly. I even had the dip switched set correctly. DICE customer service also walked me through a few things that did not work either. Is there something obvious that I am not doing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nope, it never worked. It does not seem to be communicating with the SAT button. The tech support guy said it might be the interface unit, but who knows. I should be getting the new one this week. Stay tuned.

Back