The first-to-second kick problem

I just bought a used 2005 Mazda3 Hatchback (automatic transmission) that now has 39K miles on it. The PPI, Carfax, dealer call, and inspection all came back clean, as did the test drive. I've had it less than a week. -_-

Let me first say that the average temperature is ~80 degrees F during the day.

Yesterday after work (car sat in the parking lot for 8 hours), I started it and noticed that when I accelerated from first to second, the car slipped and lurched forward. It did it once again, so I put the car is park, shifted back to drive, and continued home without any problems. I ran errands later that night and didn't notice anything.

This morning (sat on the street for 12 hours), the car did the same thing, only 3 times instead of two and shifting didn't immediately fix it. After the third lurch, the car drove fine. I let it sit for an hour and drove it around the parking lot a little bit and had no issues.

What should my course of action be? Check fluid and levels? Bring it to the dealer for the PCM(?) update? Rebuild the transmission? Cry? Let the car idle in the morning? Cry more because I <3 my hatchy and don't want it to be dead ALREADY.

how long have you had it? if its still under whatever your state has for laws regarding buying a used car take it in immediatly and let them know so if they don't do anything its at least in the books as an issue so if it does fail it is a known issue.

Bringing it in tomorrow for look at the transmission. I went out and checked during lunch (Picture me in like, business clothes in the middle of a corporate parking lot, with the hood up checking the fluid. Lolwhite trash = me. :p ) and the fluid is clear pink, but maybe a bit low. It gives me hope.

Back