vent windows with remote

bor_cx9

I remember the sales person showing us that we could vent the windows using the remote some how. With everything else they were showing us at the time we picked up our '08 GT AWD, we have forgotten how to do this. I have tried to under stand the owners manual, but that's not working either.

Can anyone explain how we can vent the front windows using the remote. We don't have a key, so I think what we have is called a smart card ???

Thanks!

I have an 08 Touring. The way to do it on my car is to press the unlock button twice, and hold it down after the second press. When you do this, the front windows go down.

Thanks for the reply. Isn't there a way to get the windows to vent? You know open a 1/2" to an 1"? I know the salesperson showed me this, but I cannot get the windows to do this.

Hmm, not sure. But, if you stop holding the button down after the windows go down an inch, they will stop going down. I don't know if there is another way to do it.

I think you just keep holding down the unlock button.
The windows and moonroof will open after a few seconds.
The two-step opening of the front windows can also be defeated (switch off) if one does not like it (personally I do like it). If you would like to know how, I can post the procedure.
(which I did on edmunds.com, maybe you can search for it there).

Thanks, I will try this tonight after work.

Ceric, I found the instructions you posted on edmunds. Thanks. I know our CX-9 is already setup for this as I watched the salesperson demonstrate the venting of the front windows.

Since this is my wife's car, I don't get to spend much time with it to get familiar with all of it's functions....

I have an 08 Touring. The way to do it on my car is to press the unlock button twice, and hold it down after the second press. When you do this, the front windows go down.

I thought I was on to something new, but unfortunately this does not work on my car. Ozzie models must be different? Bugger!

How do you make the windows come down to the vent position other that just releasing the button.

I guess I am confused. If I tap the window switch the window that is selected will go down based on the length of time the switch is engaged. This does not vent the other windows. So I guess I still don't get the 2 stage operation. I do know about holding down the unlock on the remote to open the windows and sun roof.

I have figured out the venting thing. I want to know if there is a way to close the windows in a similar fashon

Tried this yesterday and it works on an 08 sport. Simply double cilck your unlock button and hold it down on the second click then the windows and sunroof vent.

Soopermn:
My owners manual says there is no way to close the windows via the remote.
You didn't happen to figure out another way, did you?

Nope i tired the other day and no dice. I have tried to find it in the manual but i either cant find it or dont have the patience to look hard enough. Sorry

Back