clear tape over seat tracks question

We just picked up our new CX-9 a few days ago and I notice the seat tracks on the floor look like they have clear tape over them. I thought it was just there for shipping and should be removed but noticed that it doesn't come up easily and is sticky as hell underneath it. Is this supposed to be left on or do you take it off?

Thanks! (hi)

Take them off dude... you r right they dont come up easily because our asian friends attach those rails with clear tape on 'em , sumtimes lil part of that clear tape stays under the rail.

Last edited:
That's what I thought. Did yours leave sticky glue all over the metal? I haven't taken them off yet, but when I tried it looks like the metal will be sticky as hell. Did you have to use some type of cleaner to get it off?

Try 3M General Purpose adhesive cleaner. You can also use it to clean up tar, grease, etc that might end up on your CX-9. I use it on my car when I can't get road grit off the paint.

Acetone is also good to remove adhesives, but it might be a little more harsh than the 3M stuff, and if it gets on plastic it might do surface damage. I'd stick with the 3M stuff.

i didnt use sumtin special to remove them, but i do have that 3M adhesive cleaner and works good on all surfaces. You know what, Force-1 is right u better keep them just the way it is. Tracks look shiny with clear tape =)

I took them off and used goo gone, that orange smelling cleaner. I had it around the house as I have had to use it to remove chewing gum from carpet.

Back