How do I replace the center console power outlet?

smurs

I *think* this may be relatively easy, but I don't want to mess with anything electrical unless I'm sure (and I can't seem to find this information posted anywhere). I got a piece of a car charger stuck in my center console power outlet (the one right next to the AUX input in the front center console) and we managed to trash this outlet trying to get the piece out. How do I replace this? I see I can order the replacement jack from Online Mazda Parts, do I just pop the old one out and pop the new one in, or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks in advance!

Look for the link to the Sirius Satellite Installation instructions. It has a nice step by step on how to remove the center console and access what you need to replace.

Edit: I just realized you were talking about a different outlet.

Last edited:
Just grab the rear panel at the top (just above the vents) and pull gently towards the rear. The whole panel just pops off. You can then get to everything very easily.

Just grab the rear panel at the top (just above the vents) and pull gently towards the rear. The whole panel just pops off. You can then get to everything very easily.

I-miwa any idea what that other little connector is thats attached to the Aux line, inside the console, but not plugged into anything?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Piece of cake... who'd of thought it could be that easy? The panel just pulled right off once I pulled in the correct direction. Thanks again!!

Back